Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Alpina Tribute ( Now with turbo power)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Yep my buddies 911 only ever sees cold starts every month or so just to run the engine. Granted it runs pretty rich on cold starts and backfires tons, but the plugs are very black despite the car running really well when it's warmed up.

Welp.....

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

icky.

I have a couple spare B34 heads if you need one.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Ouch. Man, your m30 hates you. Mine doesn't seem to give me problems.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          icky.

I have a couple spare B34 heads if you need one.

I got a euro spec b34 head in my basement that i will rebuild. For now im doing bare minimum gonna pull head lay a straight edge on it. If its in spec i'll buff block and head put new gasket on and run it. Its half ass and not the right way to do it. But i need this bitch on the road and can fix it properly over the winter.

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
          Ouch. Man, your m30 hates you. Mine doesn't seem to give me problems.

It fucking hates me so much. This whole car does.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

if your valves are bent, planing the head won't do shit. do some diagnostics first to figure out if it's top or bottom end.
            cars beep boop

Comment

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Turbo Alpina Tribute Now in assembly

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              if your valves are bent, planing the head won't do shit. do some diagnostics first to figure out if it's top or bottom end.

Yea i plan on checking all that when head is out. Im gonna pull head inspect the valves and what not and make sure its true and not warped. If its good to go I'm just gonna run it. If not i will rebuild but not for a while so car would effectively be dead. What you mean figure out if its top or bottom end? Id think the head gasket is my problem.

I pulled valve cover and nothing looked out of place. So until i pull head i wont know anything else. Im down to the point where no matter what the head needs to come off to find the issue.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Listen to kronus. it's probably a bent valve. you're gonna drive yourself nuts and replace the valve anyway in the end.
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Leak down test is your friend.

= Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

if you pressurize the combustion chamber (like with a leakdown tester) you can usually do a much better job at pinpointing the source of low compression, i.e. if it is in the rings, the head gasket or the valve seats. with the head off, pressure testing it is harder and requires some jury rigging.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      Listen to kronus. it's probably a bent valve. you're gonna drive yourself nuts and replace the valve anyway in the end.

Like i said. I will inspect it all and see whats what. But i physically don't have the money to rebuild the head right now. Not in anyway shape or form so it will have to get running on bare minimum. I wont put a head on knowing it has a bent valve so if it se bent i will put a different head on. But as of right now i ordered a new head gasket so it's here just in case. So when head will be pulled inspected and i will go from there. So tomorrow night or Tuesday i'll know if i have a bent valve or just need a head gasket.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Fuck man, bummer luck :(

Comment

Yea fuck this car haha. Gonna pull head today and blunt has new gaskets on the way

a guy in KC has a built m30 by mteric mechanic claims it makes 300hp and is rebuild never ran or turned over but has been sitting for 12 years on a stand wrapped up. he only wants 1000 i would have to sell my race car parts to get it
                          Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 03-28-2016, 09:25 AM.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Dude if an engine has been sitting that long you may have to rebuild it anyway. Cause more than likely the assembly lube may have dried up.
                            Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

It's worth checking out at the very least, considering MM motors are usually $3-5k

Comment

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Turbo Alpina Tribute (Done but now with a blown HG)

Originally posted by Bimmer_man View Post
                                Dude if an engine has been sitting that long you may have to rebuild it anyway. Cause more than likely the assembly lube may have dried up.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                                It's worth checking out at the very least, considering MM motors are usually $3-5k

Guy said someone was coming to look at it and would call if it didn't sell. I didn't get a call :(

Also i got my head pulled and there is not one visible sign of head gasket failure. Not sure if its normal does seem normal cause they are'nt the cyl that work together but cyl 2 has an intake valve open and cyl has an exhaust valve open but all other 10 valves are closed...

Gonna burn this fucker to the ground. Anyone that wants custom m10 pistons and the parts to build one badass motor let me know cause i got an m30 to rebuild now....

And yes those two head bolts are stuck in the head they aint goin anywhere

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X