No announcement yet.

'88 325is M30 street car-->S54 -->S50 -->M54 Enduro Race car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers came today! Pretty happy with the build quality, they are made in the US which may or may not be a good thing, we'll see. Not sure how this is going to fit the e30 to be honest, I'm thinking I'll probably have to space the sway bar, but I already have THR cabs so that should help.

Trying to decide what to do with exhaust now, I want to do 3.5" oval but it is just crazy expensive.
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

You don't mess around do you?

Comment

I went with 3.5" round and have suffered no ground clearance problems. I used a modified E46 Section 1 to get to the center tunnel of the car to avoid putting a massive pipe next to the control arm bushing.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          I went with 3.5" round and have suffered no ground clearance problems. I used a modified E46 Section 1 to get to the center tunnel of the car to avoid putting a massive pipe next to the control arm bushing.
          Cool! I was thinking that might get me close
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Looking real good! Looking forward to hear how those headers fit up in the car.

What sources are you using for wiring info on the E30 and S54?

Comment

your dme came the other day. :)
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                Looking real good! Looking forward to hear how those headers fit up in the car.

What sources are you using for wiring info on the E30 and S54?
                Yeah, we'll see. I verified that they do clear the e36 engine mounts, so thats a start. I do think they're going to really close to the subframe.

For the wiring and stuff, I'm using FredK's wiring diagram and some of the stuff DesertBMW posted about s54 wiring. Nando has also answered a lot of my questions thus far.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                your dme came the other day. :)
                Yes!! Thanks for all of your help so far and I'm really excited to get into the DME stuff
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Sitting here on vacation, hating not being able to work on the car this weekend.. WTF is wrong with me? I'm trying to make a decision on tires, I want to run as much tire as possible, as low as possible.

Wheel specs are 17x8.5 ET12, and I want to run 235/40/17 Falken RT615K's. Has anyone run anything similar to this? I know it will fit and look good, I just want to make sure its going to clear the inner quarter panel in the rear under compression. It's going to be close I think.
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                    Sitting here on vacation, hating not being able to work on the car this weekend.. WTF is wrong with me? I'm trying to make a decision on tires, I want to run as much tire as possible, as low as possible.

Wheel specs are 17x8.5 ET12, and I want to run 235/40/17 Falken RT615K's. Has anyone run anything similar to this? I know it will fit and look good, I just want to make sure its going to clear the inner quarter panel in the rear under compression. It's going to be close I think.

LOL

Seriously though, the inner quarter panel is movable... The rubber will tell you where to hammer or cut.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                      LOL

Seriously though, the inner quarter panel is movable... The rubber will tell you where to hammer or cut.
                      Hahaha yeah pretty much

I think I should just go ahead and order them, if I can't make them fit I suck at e30
                      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Got the engine pay painted today. Lots of sanding and lots of taping but I'm happy with the results. Should be dry sometime tomorrow and I'll bring it back home then. Used PPG single stage.

This week I'll be ordering rod bearings from blunt, then once I get oil pan/subframe back from The Arc Asylum it's ready to go in!
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Well, thanks to Nando for suggesting I replaced my rod bearings. I was not going to do it, considering my engine has relatively low mileage (under 70k). But this was the rod side of #6

- '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

wow. yeah, the crank is likely fine, but that could have ended up as a spun bearing or a nice peep hole in the side of your block..
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              wow. yeah, the crank is likely fine, but that could have ended up as a spun bearing or a nice peep hole in the side of your block..
                              Yeah the crank is fine, but I doubt that would have lasted long doing what I intend to do with the car
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap....

...fapfapfap....

fapfapfapfafpapfapfpafpasfpsap[dfjasdoifnasdfngljkandsfjnaskdnfjanfdsglnasdfnoias eroiqnwejrnawernioawenranwera

BUTTERMILK!
                                Function.
                                Form.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X