No announcement yet.

1985 325e | M60b40 | Fifty Shades of Bronzit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, just wait for the right set, I've found some awesome wheel finds, even over here in EI.

Full set of 215/40ZR17 Goodyear Eagle F1's mounted on 17x7.5 SSR Type C's for $350
    3 e30 euroweaves with BBS caps and one steelie with 195/50R15's for $150
    Few sets of BBS's for ~$200ea
    Some 18" e38 M-Parallels for $125

I can't afford those expensive ones either.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      Ben, I am not trying to spend your money but these would look pretty good on the bronzit.

http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/4401379707.html
      Hey wait a minute. One too many lugs for me... Just saying. And if I five lug, i'll be getting Style 32or 22's

Comment

My upper coolant hose decided it wanted to come undone today. Made a mess. Lots of smoke. Turns out the hose clamp wasn't tightened down all the way..
        Mess:

The culprit:

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-04-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

BLUE
          From this

to this

!!!!!!!!!
          The lines will be scraped/sanded off tomorrow
          Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-04-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Lines scraped!

Now I'm just waiting on parts so I can put it all together!

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-04-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

What kind of paint did you use?

Comment

What kind of paint did you use?
                VHT Engine Enamel, Old ford blue

Comment

Where is the update on build? Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I was helping a mate with his jeep and it was a pain in the ass. Spent all day on that dumb hunk of junk.

Comment

Where is the update on build? Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I was helping a mate with his jeep and it was a pain in the ass. Spent all day on that dumb hunk of junk.
                    Don't worry about it, it's still not done yet, but the update is on its way. I'll show it to you when it's all done. We ran into some wiring issues

Comment

So the stroker build began on friday night. Its monday now and its still not fully completed. We put it all back together properly as far as we know, but we ran into some wiring difficulties. I'm not exactly sure what the two parts are called, but the new wiring harness has a different connection than that of my fuse box, so I think my brother is going back to nampa's Jalopy jungle while i'm in class to get some wire parts to make it all work.
                      But here are the pictures I took in the process of swapping on the 325i head, 87 wiring harness, intake manifold, and so on.
                      The before, everything put together

New head, new intake manifold, injectors, engine bay cleaned in the hard to reach places.

All put back together

It looks great in my opinion, but it doesn't turn over.

Just need to swap over the instrument cluster and clean up the plastic lens.

We have to connect the circle c101 to the square early connector.
                      Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-05-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Well it's running now, but it's rough. My brother installed a new O2 sensor and I think that's helped it stay a bit more steady whilst driving. It does not like to run at idle when cold, and we can't exactly figure out why. In spite of that we raised the idle up to 1000rpm.

Anybody have ideas of what's wrong?

Comment

What's it tuned with?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

You have the square C101 connector (for the body harness), and Motronic 1.3 uses a circle C101. You need to make an adapter, usually using spare plug parts. Use the diagram you already posted to match each pin from one plug to the matching pin on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                              What's it tuned with?
                              Not tuned with anything yet

Originally posted by ANDRÜ View Post
                              You have the square C101 connector (for the body harness), and Motronic 1.3 uses a circle C101. You need to make an adapter, usually using spare plug parts. Use the diagram you already posted to match each pin from one plug to the matching pin on the other.
                              Haha That's exactly what we did

The idle is still pretty rough, but I ve been daily driving it for about a month now. And within the last couple of days, some new problems have risen... Odo Gears went out, and the steering rack went as well. Z3 rack here I come!

Also when I rev out the car as much as it can (I was testing 0-60 times) The engine will just stop at 5K rpm's in second gear. Any ideas why it still thinks it's an eta? And just so you know, I can get it above 5k rpms, just when I'm going "cautiously"

Comment

Well, I grew tired of the chrome accents on my e30. So pictures! I used plasti-dip on the door trim, and vinyl wrap from BavAuto on the window trim.

And the final result

And I finally got a few days off work to get my z3 rack in the e30! The rack came from a 2000 z3, with around 40k miles. $150 later it arrived at my door. The rack is almost a direct fit, it did require a bit of persuasion to get there though. In the process of putting it back together, part of my steering knuckle got unconnected from itself which led to some manditory modification to the knuckle. We used 14 washers and bolt/nut to hold the knuckle together like the swap guide said to do.
                                My thoughts on the rack: BMW should've put this tight of a rack into our cars in the first place. It handles like a dream, and I am very content with the swap. My turning radius has improved by about 2 feet. People were saying it would be twitchy at high speeds, but it doesn't feel unnatural, and I like it.
                                That being said, I highly recommend this swap to anybody who is considering it.

z3 ready to go in
                                The old one was quite dirty.

And it's in

The persuasion I mentioned? I created a tourniquet to pull the rack closer to the bolt holes. No subframes were harmed in the making

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X