No announcement yet.

1985 325e | M60b40 | Fifty Shades of Bronzit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great build so far man, I love seeing people give the old 325e's some loving. Did you paint the intake and valve cover yourself or did you send it out?
    1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
    1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

Looking great, keep up the good work on it and keep us informed on the build.
      sigpic

'88 325is-daily
      '89 325is-project
      '84 633csi-its there
      '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
      '01 525i- sold

Comment

Originally posted by 6A LDY View Post
        Great build so far man, I love seeing people give the old 325e's some loving. Did you paint the intake and valve cover yourself or did you send it out?
        Painted them myself, and almost killed everyone in my house in the process... The parts were baked in the oven after every coat of paint to cure it.

Comment

The junkyards have served me well once again!

A limited slip diff, 2.93, not great, but better than an open 2.79. It needs some paint and a new bushing before it goes in, so stand by for a week or two and get the update on that posted.

And the yard also provided me with a new headlight grill, one not broken. Just needed a clean up

Since I had the grill out I figured i might as well upgrade the lights a bit!
          Before: Yes I know its covered in bugs

Broken headlight

Broken grill

Out with the old

In with the new
          And a big thanks to ST1G for some clean Smilies!

They do need some adjustment, and maybe some HID's. Stay tuned
          Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Great find on that LSD ;) I recall someone telling you there was an ES out at the yard ;D

The smilies look good! If I find any adjusters I'll snag them for you.
            Last edited by ST1G; 08-07-2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
              New i.c. plastic cover got restored, look at those reflections!

And put back together, hopefully everything works!

That looks great!!! what did you use?

Also, kind of long shot, but what happened to that pass side fender? I could use one with good paint. Im really far so its probably not a smart $$$ decision
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                Great find on that LDS ;) I recall someone telling you there was an ES out at the yard ;D

The smilies look good! If I find any adjusters I'll snag them for you.
                Thanks man!

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                That looks great!!! what did you use?

Also, kind of long shot, but what happened to that pass side fender? I could use one with good paint. Im really far so its probably not a smart $$$ decision
                I think it was a Meg's headlight restoration kit, but i only used the compound and sealant from it, none of the sanding tools.

The fender got scrapped, it was rusty on the bottom and inner wheel side so you wouldn't really want it

Comment

YES

Before

After

I've decided not to put in the dead pedal yet. Reason behind that is the cover is flat, but the foot rest is curved in the back, and I don't really want there to be a gap. Also I want black carpets.

Took a trip to see my buddy gome123 and he hooked me up! I was telling him about my exhaust being rusted everywhere and he had this guy sitting in his garbage can about to go away forever, so I figured what the hell!

Took the old guy out. A lot worse than i thought it was. Also explains the rattle every time i shut off the car.

Here's a video of the muffler's

LSD! the old one was quite and this is the only picture i have. But the new one works great.

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Forgot to post about my HID's as well!
                    I think they're 5000 at 35w

And i can finally see at night!

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Looking good! I see you got the adjusters put in. Those HIDs look great. Where did you get them?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                        Looking good! I see you got the adjusters put in. Those HIDs look great. Where did you get them?
                        DDM Tuning! It was something like $35+shipping I think and I'm very happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
                          DDM Tuning! It was something like $35+shipping I think and I'm very happy with them.
                          I'll have to pick up a pair.

Comment

That muffler sounds kinda good actually. And thank you for the sport steering wheel. Need to figure out the rewrap.

Comment

Santa came early! Lets she what problems she fixes

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Santa is a woman now?

Comment

Working...
                                X