Project Kerp: 86 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Kerp: 86 325e

Hey all I very recently just purchased my first car. The beaut is a 86 325e manual that's done about 320000km. Currently doesn't start but I'm pretty sure it's just becuase of the lack of fuel and battery.

It's pretty damn straight with a slight ding on one panel down the side but that's manageable.

Naturally, a car of this age is bound to have a big of rust and upon removing the rear spoiler I found this lovely sight. All the grey spots were massive pits of rust so I just scraped it back and sealed with with some rust stop stuff.

Anyway that's about it for now. I don't really have an idea where this will be going but once I've got it running I guess I'll go with what feels good. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly welcome.

Last edited by E30 Kerp; 03-03-2014, 01:02 AM.

Welcome to the club. Don't dig too deep or you will never get to enjoy it. If I had to do it over again I would get it running well, replace the brakes, then suspension and tackle the other projects a little at a time so I could enjoy driving it more.

Comment

So yesterday I finally got her going. Only took a new battery, new spark plugs and cleaning all the gunk and other crap out of the dizzy. When I first got her started she sounded like she was running on 5 cylinders.. Turns out only 3 were firing. She's all fixed now and sounds beaut! Not much smoke either considering she's been sitting for 3 years. Drained all the fuel and chucked some 98 in her. Gets better with every minute she's on.

Also got started on the interior. Drivers seat came out with no troubles but the passengers side was a pain. It wouldn't pop forward far enough to reach the bolts. Found out it was a little clip that had come off somehow. Got it back on and worked perfectly. Gave the interior a good clean and will do the seats tomorrow if it's sunny. Not sure whether to take out the carpet yet or not.

Took all the lining of the boot and made this lovely discovery. Just another thing to get fixed.

Overall spent about $820 on car, battery, spark plugs, cleaners, all oils/fluids and a couple of other tools. Think I'm tracking well so far :)

Comment

Working...
      X