Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resurrection 325es, tucked bay, custom rad. support, m52+zf (soon to be boosted)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got the booster in. as far as i am concerned, this is the only way to go. booster readily available for $83 at Autozone. fits stock holes, just cut and thread, no need to change diameter of rod. it may even fit without cutting fins. no mount spacers either.

All i have to do is connect the battery cable to the rest of the car/fuse block cable. i am going to have fun doing all the missing fuses and relays from the relocated fu\se block. My picture of the thing was erased from my phone.

Intake came in today. I ordered a summit racing dry filter and they sent me a K&N wet filter. it not what i wanted, but i got it for less than half of what it should cost.

It is coming along nicely. i would like to have it running/driving my next weekend
    Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

I have been trying to get this thing to start before i put all the wiring away. I am having some issues. Please check out my other thread and help me get this going. case of beer to the guy that helps me start it.

On a side note, i am going to order all the a/c stuff. big parallel flow condenser, custom lines to be routed outside the engine bay. trying to to keep a/c and keep it from getting cluttered. found everything i needed but 3 fittings. all for under $100 new. google "tech choice". great prices and availability. i need to call them for hose and 3 splicers

Comment

a/c parts are ordered.

Got it running tonight. woohoo. I had ignition power going into pin 66, anti-theft. oops.

Comment

ok so i have been chipping away at it.

started to get the a/c lines in order. hidden from the engine bay, and getting a larger condenser. The company sent me the wrong one. need one more fitting and the right condenser. hoping for an ice maker in the GA summer.

Which coolant reservoir should i use. i can mount this volvo one a little higher and make for a clean looking install. or i can use the shortened e36. both of them will be a regular gravity system. the e36 bottle was gutted when i modified it. opinions?

Comment

well i decided on the E36 bottle. Got it mounted up, hosed in...

ran the wires in the fender well. i had to stop tonight. i will be extending the harness where needed to an exact length. i need to get the condenser and fan mounted up.

Got the brake lines ran and connected. clutch and brakes need to be bled. among alot of other misc. things.

Comment

got a hood release cable made a bicycle shop for $10. just had them make the sleeve about 4" longer and i cut the cable to length. it is a twisted stainless wire versus the original solid. i used a brazing rod and brazed the end of the cable to lock the feral in. one more thing out of the engine bay.

crimping the a/c lines tomorrow. i am going to try to use the press made for hydraulic lines. i figured its worth a shot. i would not go with my original suggestion on Techchoiceparts.com. They called the day after i ordered and said the condenser i wanted was not in stock and they sent me a different one once i got the specs on it from him. wrong size and had the discharge on the wrong side. they also sent me a wrong fitting., and it was a day late. i have to pay for shipping on the replacement parts. WTF?

Comment

New condenser is here. Lines are made. Harness has been ran and extended and hidden. Need to mount condenser, fan and put the shifter on. This weekend I will do this and also fab up some new es valance mounts out of steel.

Comment

condenser is mounted, woohoo. made the last a/c line. need to put a vacuum on it tomorrow. i am going to mount the fan and make the vALANCE MOUNTS tomorrow.

Comment

made some more progress this weekend, and wasted alot of time. i hate being a perfectionist.

This is where most of my time was wasted. this fan is just too fucking thick. messed with it, messed with it, even cut up my valance (already was bent up anyway). Finally had to return the fan and i ordered a flex a lite 119 pusher lo boy. only 3 3/16" thick vs 4" on this 398 FAL. If i was using a stock condenser and a 14" fan than maybe it would have worked. i was cold a/c and i do not want any overheating problems. this is why i went with the 16"

Made some new indestructible ES/IS air dam mounts

Comment

nice work man
                      Instagram
                      sigpic
                      Current: 99 M3
                      Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Thanks. I was stating to wonder what I might have to do to get some love around here, lol.

On a side note, I am stuck between plastic bumper conversion, plastic with es dam or just tucking the bumpers. I don't like the idea of cutting the edge of the dam for the wheel wells when using plastic with early air dam.

Comment

I can appreciate it, you're taking the time to do it right.
                          Instagram
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn. Mad I missed this thread. This shit is awesome

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh goddammit. You're in Savannah? I was there yesterday.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meanEG View Post
                                Thanks. I was stating to wonder what I might have to do to get some love around here, lol.

On a side note, I am stuck between plastic bumper conversion, plastic with es dam or just tucking the bumpers. I don't like the idea of cutting the edge of the dam for the wheel wells when using plastic with early air dam.
                                IMO: Early cars look best with Euro bumpers.
                                Instagram
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X