No announcement yet.

89 325i Cirrusblau Metallic m30 Project - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, it's ok man. Sometimes life has it's own agenda.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Here is to the end of the Cirrusblau project!

Final farewell to the Cirrusblau project.

Josh1254's brother Jake was kind enough to let me borrow his kick ass flatbed with a winch on it to haul her away.

I put it on the trailer all by myself and will probably pay for it in the morning. I live on a street that is busy, has a decent incline and the car has no steering at all. I had to pull the e-brake and turn the lone wheel every few feet. I had to orient the car 90 degrees on an incline. It sucked. Then the ramps were so steep I had to bust out my floor jack to lift up the middle of the car while using the winch to get it going up the ramps. It was a challenge. But fun too.

The guy at the junker told me to park the car where he told me to but I got vetoed by the operator.

Drove around to the other side and decided to take a vid of it getting crushed.

Oh, and in case you didn't see me and my buddy farking around with the tripod30, here is that.

And a note about Pinsol as a parts cleaner. Don't leave any aluminum in there for more than a month. Eventually it eats away at the aluminum putting nice holes in everything.

So adios ol' friend. You taught me that spot-welds are crazy strong and exceedingly numerous. And that cars are basically Legos.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
      X