No announcement yet.

Stan's Convoluted Project Car Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, not dead yet! I moved away to University in another province so excuse the lack of progress, but I am still here and making progress! So, the white car above is still around and am still working on its engine these days. Just a couple quick shots from tearing the engine down:

I have all the small parts/covers etc marinating in some solvent overnight and am hoping to get to painting the block and rebuilding tomorrow. It is so nice to be working on cars again!
    1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
    1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
    1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
    ...And a couple others...

Comment

Been slowly working away at cleaning and painting components. Threw a junk 200 head on the block to mask it off and primed and painted it what was supposed to be a nice copper finish. It came out very pink though, so might go grab a bronze or something to add a second coat on top to mellow it out.

Pics:

Comment

For the multitude of people still paying attention to this, I repainted the block, and also the valve cover and intake manifold to match:

Then painted all the timing covers and did a final assembly on the engine (sorry, it's a shitty photo):

Then got to some bodywork which wasn't a lot of fun. But long story short, removed the tacky-ass fibreglass body kit and did some minor rust repair and repainted the rockers and front bumpers with bed liner. Then installed new brakes, Raceland coilovers and some 16x7.5/9 ET10/15 (8mm front spacer) ESM 009s with 195/45 front and 215/40 rear tires. For anyone wondering, damn near perfect fitment that is flush and only requires a very light roll.

What she looked like before :

And now the current look less bumpers and engine obviously:

Comment

nice update, thanks!
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)