Building my self a E30 truck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheRealE30kidd
    replied
    So I got the truck running but the top end was knocking super loud. With farther investigation it looks like the cam lob is completely worn down at least a 1/8 of a inch. So later in the week ill pull the head and replace the cam and address the lack of oil in the top end.

    On anther note I picked up a rear roll bar. It will add alot of structural support that was cut out. It actually fits perfect.



    I also removed the god awful wheels and put some basket weaves back on.

    Last edited by TheRealE30kidd; 07-28-2014, 08:23 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRealE30kidd
    replied
    Just figured out the missfiring problem and she's alive. Needs a valve adjustment but alive.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    ^ you got a build thread for that?

    Leave a comment:


  • White325is
    replied
    looks like the older s10 window setup worked well for you. I used the generation after that for my build..
    A few photos of mine. I like the extended version of yours though.







    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    So cool I really hope you finish it. cause it will be so cool when its done

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRealE30kidd
    replied
    MoAR PICS!









    Going out right now to install fuel pump and she should be running

    Leave a comment:


  • delamaize
    replied
    Looking good, More pictures Please.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andy.B
    replied
    We need more pictures than that!

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRealE30kidd
    replied
    I have the cab and back piece welded up.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • JinormusJ
    replied
    I'm in to see where this is going

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRealE30kidd
    replied
    Originally posted by KI4UJO
    Yes, surprised no one's done it yet. It wouldn't be that hard.
    Only difficult part it's Figuring out what to do with the taillights

    Leave a comment:


  • KI4UJO
    replied
    Originally posted by Thizzelle
    make a functioning tail gate
    Yes, surprised no one's done it yet. It wouldn't be that hard.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    I'm surprised you're doing this with a sedan.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    make a functioning tail gate

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealE30kidd
    I grabbed a Lincoln welder last night. I'm going to grab some clamps and start welding.
    What kind of lincoln? I got the 140hd weld pak grabbed a tank of C02/argon 75/25 and couldnt be happier. Hope you got gas or you wont weld anything though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...