Building my self a E30 truck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iansane
    replied
    Originally posted by LBC28730
    Anything OTHER than the Del sol would likely be far more accessible. There wasn't many of them in the first place so they are really scarce, now.
    That's one of the reasons I went with a 4runner window figuring I could get parts anywhere later. Although, they do command a toyota tax...

    Leave a comment:


  • LBC28730
    replied
    Originally posted by iansane

    Del sol window is a pretty damn good idea. Wonder what the height is on those? Are the channels around the glass metal or composite? I used a window from a 2nd gen 4runner. The separate tailgate/window frame was a challenge and I think a 3rdgen 4runner would be way easily to mount but the glass is a hair larger and I'm not sure it would fit.
    I'm pretty sure it's metal. Thing is, the glass itself MAY be too short to really fit.
    I didn't think about the 4runners until someone actually mentioned that the other day.

    I feel that if I can get the mechanism, I can make something work from there.
    I may also be grossly overestimating my fabrication abilities but it's worth a try!

    Anything OTHER than the Del sol would likely be far more accessible. There wasn't many of them in the first place so they are really scarce, now.

    Leave a comment:


  • iansane
    replied
    Originally posted by LBC28730
    I'm about to start a pickup build. Wondering how this turned out? Love the extended cab idea. I've thought about trying to source a del sol power rear window assembly.
    One thing I know I want to do for sure is the C pillar remaining like a flying buttress.
    I've only seen this once in the really clean example that sold in Germany a few years ago.
    Del sol window is a pretty damn good idea. Wonder what the height is on those? Are the channels around the glass metal or composite? I used a window from a 2nd gen 4runner. The separate tailgate/window frame was a challenge and I think a 3rdgen 4runner would be way easily to mount but the glass is a hair larger and I'm not sure it would fit.

    Leave a comment:


  • LBC28730
    replied
    I'm about to start a pickup build. Wondering how this turned out? Love the extended cab idea. I've thought about trying to source a del sol power rear window assembly.
    One thing I know I want to do for sure is the C pillar remaining like a flying buttress.
    I've only seen this once in the really clean example that sold in Germany a few years ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • WERDNA75
    replied
    Lose the roll bar, just weld up some extra stock around the back of the cab to support the unibody from being too wobbly. It will look much cooler and be more useful without that huge roll bar. You could always cut it down and bolt it on the inside of the cab for extra protection if you really gotta have a roll bar. Just my .02

    Leave a comment:


  • mr2peak
    replied
    Need to find an E30 that has damage from something in the garage falling on it...

    Leave a comment:


  • SoundByte
    replied
    I've wanted to turn a coupe into a ute for so long... Might actually have the perfect builder car showing up next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • vladdyr14
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_Pare
    i vote bag it.
    I second this idea

    Leave a comment:


  • E30NJ
    replied
    XJstatus

    Leave a comment:


  • m3j0n
    replied
    awesome!

    Leave a comment:


  • HennaE30
    replied
    This is really awesome, but I'm not sure id have the guts to cut up an E30..

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    I think I may have uncovered the next epic r3v build an e30 trophy truck. so whos gonna do it? haha

    Leave a comment:


  • mr2peak
    replied
    Awesome. Weld up that rear door!

    Someone must do a Trophy Truck IX build

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRealE30kidd
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_S
    This.

    You going to weld up the rear doors to the quarter panels?
    Yes thats the plan once I get it back on the road.

    I was considering bags.


    A trophy truck would be sicccck

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Pare
    replied
    i vote bag it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...