No announcement yet.

Project '88 S-ETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I got bored so I took out the old dash. It wasnt hard at all, in fact I thought it was pretty easy, just took some time.

After it was out I decided to unwrap all the wires one bunch at a time and rewrap them in new electrical tape to clean them up and make it look better. As you can tell by the paint job I like things to look nice.

I need to replace the foam on the heater box because its all but missing and I need to transfer all the crap from the old dash over to the new one.
    Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 08-03-2017, 09:34 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Wow looks great so far, I love how the paint turned out.
      Your brother did an awesome job on smoking the lenses correctly, most people don't do it right.
      Wann kannst du meinen 5er lackieren? :) just kidding
      '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
      '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Got updated shots of the interior with new dash?

Comment

Nice looking car, what did the new dash run you lol, around $900? Also what part of PA are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
            Nice looking car, what did the new dash run you lol, around $900? Also what part of PA are you located?
            The dash was only $725 after a $20 discount that they were running. And I live in upper York, almost Harrisburg.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Sharp.

Well executed OP

Comment

Not a to much going on in the past months. I sent an extra sport steering wheel to Stitched to get rewrapped and am very happy with how it came out.

And yes, that is german colors.. I also managed to get the dash installed almost the whloe way. The only things left is the dme mounting, glove box and center console which will be done after the wideband is fully installed with the turbo timer. Im still not sure if Im going to put in the megasquirt on a stock m20 engine.

The car is buried under stuff and surrounded by even more crap, I have cleaned up most of it so we can get to it soon.

I bought a 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 5 speed over the winter for less then $1,000.

That is how I bought it at the PO's house. They lost control in a snow storm driving on completely bald tires (cording was showing) and went into a tree. Since then I have fixed almost everything and this is how it is now.

Now that it is warm out and my brother is coming home today, we should start the final phase of the paint work so I can take the E30 to meets and just drive it again.
                Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 08-03-2017, 09:33 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Back on the car finally. Hood has been stripped, windshield nozzles shaved, etched/primed/blocked/reprimed and it along with sunroof and 1/4 window wings are ready for paint this week.

Then it's just fenders, valance, reassembly, finish wet sanding and buffing to take it to the 'next level'.

Throwback to when the paint was fresh from the gun... no wet sanding or buffing yet.

Comment

Well, we finally finished painting the car and put it back together in time for BimmerBuddies Oktoberfest.

Window vents buffed up and the polished aluminum back on.

Hood, fenders and front valance painted and sitting in the sun curing, waiting to be wet sanded and buffed.

Hood wet sanded and buffed.

Then assembly came. I dreaded this part because of the fresh paint and how I hate taking my time. Only had 2 scratches on the whole car after assembly.

Rear bumper finally polished and everything put back on.

Next up was the front. This took a long time because the front valance is new and the drivers fender is new from BMW so they didnt exactly match up perfect.

Then came time to test the lights after not being on or plugged in for 1.5 years. The city lights and passenger side marker didnt work the first try, so my brother soldered the wires and that fixed the problem.

And the 'almost final' product after 1.5 years of being in the garage ripped apart. The rain gutters and roundels were put on after this picture. It received 1 last buff and a wash and wax.

More pics to come!
                    Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 08-03-2017, 09:24 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Wow... Awesome!!

Comment

I love the trimless side! Nice e30 man
                        BMW tech
                        Umass Amherst
                        05 wrx sti

Comment

Will pay you to paint my e30 half as nice....

Great work man

Comment

As promised here are more, better pictures and the car is fully assembled. Enjoy!

IE Stage 3 springs, 1/2 coil cut off on fronts, E90 drop hats.

Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 08-03-2017, 09:09 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Comment

Zender rear spoiler? Is it going to get painted? or perhaps... sold?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X