No announcement yet.

Northern's Sterlingsilber M52 Turbo 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you liking the clutch setup? I'm shopping for a new clutch and keep seeing good reviews for the fx (or f1) clutch but the price seems too good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnarles View Post
      How are you liking the clutch setup? I'm shopping for a new clutch and keep seeing good reviews for the fx (or f1) clutch but the price seems too good to be true.
      If you're in 4th or 5th and come onto it down low(like 1500rpm or lower), it makes a little noise, and in neutral you'll definitely get some gear rattle (running ATF in the ZF, thicker fluid may lessen the rattle?)

The PP is just an E36 M3 Sachs HD plate, so the pedal is definitely heavier than stock, but I like it. The 6 puck disc isn't super on/off, there is a controllable friction zone, it's just smaller than the stock M20 was, so starting in first takes a while to re-learn.

100% buy a new OEM Throw out bearing and pilot bearing. The ones that come in the kit are complete trash. I had my pp/flywheel balanced at the machine shop and I think they took 1g off, they only drilled a ~1/4" hole maybe 1/4" deep before they were happy. I know people running them who didn't bother to have them balanced beforehand and they haven't had any issues either, so maybe I wasted my money.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I haven't given any updates in a while...

I swapped out the TPS and it's still happening. I wiggled the TPS connector/wiring when the idle was freaking out and it stopped (I've done this multiple times now) so I think I have a TPS wiring issue.

I squeezed the female pins in the connector to make it grip better, but it didn't seem to make a difference, so I think there's an issue upstream somewhere.

I'm going to pull the ecu and check resistance on the TPS to ECU wires at some point to see what's going on, and try to snake a new wire through the harness and splice it in once I figure out what's wrong.

I made a new nylon bushing for the bottom of my ebay shifter to replace the worn chinese mystery plastic that came with it. I'll probably make a quick and dirty DSSR out of some square tube as well before I install them.

I bought $140+ worth of bulk dynamat to throw on the bulkhead behind the rear seat, trunk floor, and parcel shelf to try to cut down on drone in the cabin.

I also have a lead on a s2.79 and a 2.93 (maybe LSD, maybe not), and I'm going to try to grab both of them and build one to put in the car.

Last but not least, I sold the M3 shell, and now have no konis. Riding on bilsteins now and I hate it. The car doesn't go as low, and it bounces and handles bumps weird. Unfortunately, new konis end up being ~$950 to my door, or ~$1250 for koni race front dampers and TCK revalved mustang rears and I'm not that baller.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I haven't given any updates in a while...

I swapped out the TPS and it's still happening. I wiggled the TPS connector/wiring when the idle was freaking out and it stopped (I've done this multiple times now) so I think I have a TPS wiring issue.

I squeezed the female pins in the connector to make it grip better, but it didn't seem to make a difference, so I think there's an issue upstream somewhere.

I'm going to pull the ecu and check resistance on the TPS to ECU wires at some point to see what's going on, and try to snake a new wire through the harness and splice it in once I figure out what's wrong.

I made a new nylon bushing for the bottom of my ebay shifter to replace the worn chinese mystery plastic that came with it. I'll probably make a quick and dirty DSSR out of some square tube as well before I install them.

I bought $140+ worth of bulk dynamat to throw on the bulkhead behind the rear seat, trunk floor, and parcel shelf to try to cut down on drone in the cabin.

I also have a lead on a s2.79 and a 2.93 (maybe LSD, maybe not), and I'm going to try to grab both of them and build one to put in the car.

Last but not least, I sold the M3 shell, and now have no konis. Riding on bilsteins now and I hate it. The car doesn't go as low, and it bounces and handles bumps weird. Unfortunately, new konis end up being ~$950 to my door, or ~$1250 for koni race front dampers and TCK revalved mustang rears and I'm not that baller.
          I'm surprised you don't like the ride with bilsteins. I'm running those and and h&rsprings

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome thread, great to see folks swapping the right way. Most seem to take short cuts or OBD1 swap needlessly.

Would you mind shedding some more light on the VSS correction?
            I use the same flashing setup (ebay cable and chipster.no software) but my definition file must be outdated because I can't seem to find the VSS correction factor. I have a suspicion my vanos activation may be off and a couple of my readiness monitors aren't setting properly and I'm thinking they may be related.

Unfortunately romraider has been down for several days so I haven't been able to check.
            Project
            Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by arch4ngel View Post
              Awesome thread, great to see folks swapping the right way. Most seem to take short cuts or OBD1 swap needlessly.

Would you mind shedding some more light on the VSS correction?
              I use the same flashing setup (ebay cable and chipster.no software) but my definition file must be outdated because I can't seem to find the VSS correction factor. I have a suspicion my vanos activation may be off and a couple of my readiness monitors aren't setting properly and I'm thinking they may be related.

Unfortunately romraider has been down for several days so I haven't been able to check.
              I'm assuming you're running MS41.2 since you're talking about vanos...
              Romraider is down for maintenance right now, (I think this is the right link), but there's a thread about VSS correction, and there's a definition file in there with the MS41.2 correction loaction set up, and discussion of what the value should be (correction factor shows up in limiters section.)

MS41.1 and MS41.0 still haven't been added, and I don't know enough about xml to do it myself.

Comment

Correct, I'm running ms41.2.

My definitions file version is 0.40, do you have a newer one?

I was able to find the thread using google cache so I have the location and value now but I wouldn't mind having the latest if you can send it to me.

Thanks.
                Project
                Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by kensol20 View Post
                  I'm surprised you don't like the ride with bilsteins. I'm running those and and h&rsprings
                  I'm running German Engineering coilovers from the group buy a few years back(450f/650r), so my rates are considerably higher than the H&R options. I don't think the bilsteins are stiff enough to deal with these, and the fronts definitely don't compress as low as the koni 8641 1210Sport I had in front.

Comment

Originally posted by arch4ngel View Post
                    Correct, I'm running ms41.2.

My definitions file version is 0.40, do you have a newer one?

I was able to find the thread using google cache so I have the location and value now but I wouldn't mind having the latest if you can send it to me.

Thanks.
                    I'll pm you v0.40b in a sec.

Comment

Sweet much appreciated.
                      Project
                      Feedback

Comment

Thanks for the clutch update! I think I'm going to pick one up.

Comment

Mini update...

I'm running MS41.2 (M3 software) now with launch control. Just stock 328i maps copypasta'd into it. No issues so far, and the TPS issue hasn't come up yet, but I'm not holding my breath for it being fixed from just swapping the ECU.

Bought two Koni 8610 1437RACE inserts via amazon today. Trying to avoid putting these on my freshly paid off visa, so I'm buying front/rears separately over a few paycheques.

I also stayed dead even with a friend's '09 hemi chrysler 300 from a roll at 60-110ish mph. Not sure how, but I'm not reading into it too much

I've beep putting a lot of time into my iX recently to try to get it drivable by winter, so there's not a lot going on otherwise.

Comment

I have a few things to report. I started getting cam sensor and vanos jam errors a while back, and INPA showed my sensor was spitting out garbage. Swapped it out with another and all is well.

Dave Markert was saying that the insulation on the wires just after the connector eventually disintegrates, and sure enough, there was a twisted mess of bare wires under the connector boot.

I killed my front tires with toe wear, so I threw some new Toyo T1R's on and I'll get an alignment before I start driving it in the spring.

My first set of Koni Race showed up, and they were dented to hell. Sent them back, and finally received the first one this week, hopefully the second one next week.

The last bits for my external mic arrived, but I only took one shitty video before they started salting (today) so the car is off the road now.

In other news, I pulled the trigger on this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151823928855

so this winter should be interesting.

Comment

Damnnnnnn

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                              Full Product Line Tuning
                              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                                Damnnnnnn

Comment

Working...
                                X