• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you buy it?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 318aye View Post
      Hmm, so there might be a TCD top mount m20 log floating around? I'll have to look into that.

/threadjack, continue the awesome work!
      Not sure why it isn't showing up on the site unless they are not offering it anymore, you might have to give Todd a ring

Here is a brief pic of it(ignore the adapter), It is looking for a on-center housing so it will clear the head/VC. I have seen where turbo is turned 180* and the downpipe is from the front or you make an adapter to extend/angle to help. I opted to go different way and it seems like it will work but is still work in progress...I always have to come up with a different way 8^)

OP, did you have to make an adapter or did you go the on-center route?

Last edited by whodwho; 12-29-2014, 07:34 AM. Reason: Thread cleanup
      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

I bought it about a year ago.
        I had to use a angled wedge adaptor to give me clearance. T4 to t3

329i

Comment

Updates

Got the car back from the panel shop who fitted a set of Standard width KAMOTORS Flares and colour matched them. couldn't be happier with them. they look amazing And give me the clearance with the 245 semi slick tires.

[IMG]
          photo uploading[/IMG]

[IMG]
          photo upload sites[/IMG]

[IMG]
          adult image hosting[/IMG]

[IMG]
          image sharing[/IMG]

[IMG]
          image hosting no sign up[/IMG]

[IMG]
          images[/IMG]

[IMG]
          image hosting free[/IMG]

And my Rocker cover had the coil pack bracket fastened to it.

[IMG]
          image share[/IMG]

My race fuel arrived Sucrogen E85 108 octane, ready for the dyno in 2 weeks time.

[IMG]
          screen shot on pc[/IMG]
          Last edited by jules325i; 01-23-2015, 07:07 PM.

329i

Comment

Looking good Those wheels look great! Envious of the trailer. What size is it?
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks man i'm very happy with the look at the moment it has come up nice.
              Yeah I fell in love with the trailer when I saw it in action in tows great.
              All specs here
              Raceking Car Trailers lower to the ground for safe loading without ramps. The perfect car trailer for low race cars, exotic sports cars, vintage, drag, drift and motorhome vehicles. Designed and manufactured in Australia. Now available in easy self assemble kit.

329i

Comment

Things Are going slow at this point, The Car has been completely re-wired with bare essentials. We have added Electronic boost control, Variable TPS, IAT Sensor, Fan controlled via ECU. Also fitted is a Racepak IQ3 digital dash,
                Took the dash out to remove the heater unit and strip car of wires, and install a flocked dash I acquired locally.
                Car is currently running on its new ECU and is expected to be tuned in the next few weeks.

Have received Front BBK from IE 310mm 6 piston. And a E32 750IL Master Cylinder
                And ordering rears soon.

screen capture tool

jpg images

post images

post images

upload an image
                Last edited by jules325i; 05-06-2015, 04:01 AM.

329i

Comment

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                    I had an expert do the wiring, i thought it would never run again haha.

329i

Comment

Seeing as you're doing it right now, what's the deal with fitting standalone? You just bin the entire engine harness and wire up the ECU only to what's needed?
                      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                        Seeing as you're doing it right now, what's the deal with fitting standalone? You just bin the entire engine harness and wire up the ECU only to what's needed?
                        Normally you would just join into the factory loom and use most of the factory wiring, if it were a road going car I would have got that done but we are only running the engine, brake lights and wipers.

329i

Comment

Are you building it to any specific regs? I'm rewiring mine as well and running full lights etc. - IPRA (Group 3J) regs.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
                            Are you building it to any specific regs? I'm rewiring mine as well and running full lights etc. - IPRA (Group 3J) regs.
                            I'm building it to run the "Street Tuned Class" in time attack at this stage anyway.

329i

Comment

Originally posted by jules325i View Post
                              Normally you would just join into the factory loom and use most of the factory wiring, if it were a road going car I would have got that done but we are only running the engine, brake lights and wipers.
                              So just splice the wires from the sensors into the ECU ones?
                              Still figuring out how I'm going to do mine. So much work to think about!
                              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

any video of it running?? i wanna hear this thing..
                                sigpic
                                The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
                                On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Working...
                                X