X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like:D:D:D

Comment

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
      Beautiful exhaust! I live in Victoria now and will be coming over to the mainland the 30th, if you're down I always like meeting people in person and seeing their cars.
      Sure thing! Float me a PM when you're in town and we can meet up for a cruise if you like.
      Avusblau 1994 M3 - DEAD
      Lagunagrün 1991 331iS --> Journal Here

Comment

Awesome car, and S50 Euro engine=dream. :))
        Do you have some video?
        I want so badly to hear and see how your beast accelarates and goes.

Comment

What radiator are you using? With a late model, many people will use the E36 radiator options, including the MZ3 which seems to be the best of them all.... I wouldnt know because I use a M42 radiator and live in the traffic infested Los Angeles area. With a Spal puller fan operating independently of everything else, it never lets my temps go over halfway. It works pretty hard though at times. Not ideal, but my '84 has a slightly different radiator mounting setup so I cant really use the bigger radiators.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Try a new overflow cap too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

awesome work, all you need now is a carbon airbox that will clear the booster!

if only someone had one for sale..... ;)
              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                What radiator are you using? With a late model, many people will use the E36 radiator options, including the MZ3 which seems to be the best of them all.... I wouldnt know because I use a M42 radiator and live in the traffic infested Los Angeles area. With a Spal puller fan operating independently of everything else, it never lets my temps go over halfway. It works pretty hard though at times. Not ideal, but my '84 has a slightly different radiator mounting setup so I cant really use the bigger radiators.
                I'm using an all aluminum E36 radiator a friend gave me. He wasn't sure if it held water, but I tried it out anyways. It may be the culprit, but it will be the second-to-last thing I change if nothing else works (the last thing being the water pump).

I still have the M42 radiator at my disposal, so I could always try that first if nothing else prevails.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Try a new overflow cap too!

I would figure as long as the reservoir is pressurized after a long drive then it's working. Is that not correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
                awesome work, all you need now is a carbon airbox that will clear the booster!

if only someone had one for sale..... ;)
                A CF airbox would be awesome! I ended up ditching the brake booster in favour of manual brakes. No airbox modification necessary. The pedal stiffness is an acquired taste but it is possible to acclimatize to it.

Originally posted by allmotorguy View Post
                Awesome car, and S50 Euro engine=dream. :))
                Do you have some video?
                I want so badly to hear and see how your beast accelarates and goes.
                I'll try and get a video of it driving while the weather cooperates. It's bloody loud...
                Avusblau 1994 M3 - DEAD

Comment

A couple recent shots

Avusblau 1994 M3 - DEAD

Comment

Update: March 26, 2016

Just a quick update on the E30:

We recently moved house, which meant time for the E30 dropped off to zero. In light of this, I thought I'd take the car into to a local shop that knows this engine (and mine in particular since it was rebuilt there a few years ago) to have the remaining issues sorted out. Work performed included:

- Fixing the overcooling/overheating issue
                    - Replacing rear subframe and trailing arm bushings with poly-bushes
                    - Fix overfilling issue at all engine temps
                    - Run a fault code diagnostic

After all was said and done, the car runs beautifully. It pulls much harder throughout the rev range and has a rock solid idle that doesn't burp, splutter, or chortle. It's an absolute blast to drive and I can't wait for the first road trips of the year!

I've also got a new set of wheels coming that will require a bit of a refurb and will allow me to finally fit the BBK I've been sitting on since I started the engine swap.

A couple of recent shots to prove the car still exists:

The Rabbit has also been providing some daily enjoyment. It's amazing what 30HP can feel like when hustled:

Cheeky shot next to this behemoth:

Avusblau 1994 M3 - DEAD

Comment

Do you know if the Euro section 1 exhaust fits in the e30?

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                        Do you know if the Euro section 1 exhaust fits in the e30?
                        It will, but would still require substantial reworking of the headers.
                        Avusblau 1994 M3 - DEAD

Comment

Excellent build sir.
                          IG: Dhithim
                          2015 Subaru BRZ 380whp
                          My '87 Project
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382462

Comment

Nice build. What are the specs on the wheels and what spacers? I have a BBK too, and want to go back to a weave wheel but want to limit how much spacer I use.

Comment

What muffler & tips are those? They look neat!
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

excellent build! I remember drooling over your e36m3 a while back when I was e36 obsessed on bimmerforums. Sorry to see it got wrecked, but I am very glad to see its essence has been preserved in the e30!
                                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X