No announcement yet.

My 325ix build ..sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I lost my SD card so I could post any pictures.. Then I found out my 2 year old daughter Reagan had pulled it out of the computer, I found it in her "stash".. Also found cellphones, the tv remote, and what looks like a half eaten tootsie pop..

I can't imagine why the AWD doesn't work on this thing..

The funny thing is, the ring gear looks undamaged. So I'll be looking for one of these 11 tooth (3.91) pinions, if y'all have any connections. I don't care if it's a matched or not. I want it to get me through the winter.
    1991 325ix

My 325ix Build

Comment

I'm thinking the outer bushing went bad. Cause a little play and just got worse over the 216k miles this car has been alive.. The sludge I got out of the axle points to a lack of maintenance.. It was built up like play-doh on the cover.. The rest stayed hanging from the housing. -yuush-
      1991 325ix

My 325ix Build

Comment

I ordered a new NTK o2 sensor from rockauto. It was clearance and got it for 30 bucks.. normally 89.00. So I'm going to throw that in today and attempting to drop the rear subframe. it isn't the cleanest car I've worked on, so I'm expecting I'll be getting out the torch kit. I have a crimped brake line (as told to me from the original owner) somewhere back there and can only imagine what I"ll find... *sigh* .. But I only paid 600 bucks so I guess it's to be expected...

-I'm going to go back and re-read Wh33lhop's thread for motivation.
        1991 325ix

My 325ix Build

Comment

Actually, maybe I"ll take a nap first..
          1991 325ix

My 325ix Build

Comment

Does this car look familiar? It's for sale locally and I really dig the rims.

1991 325ix

My 325ix Build

Comment

How are you working with all that snow up there? Oh wait, you have an iX ;)

Comment

An IX with the AWD F'ed up.. no matter though, my area didn't get hit real hard. Mostly south of me.
                1991 325ix

My 325ix Build

Comment

Originally posted by Shaffer325ix View Post
                  I can't imagine why the AWD doesn't work on this thing..

The funny thing is, the ring gear looks undamaged. So I'll be looking for one of these 11 tooth (3.91) pinions, if y'all have any connections. I don't care if it's a matched or not. I want it to get me through the winter.
                  Oops. That's pretty harsh.

Check out www.car-parts.com and ebay for replacement diffs.

Comment

Yes sir I have.. sort of. I have been able to find diffs, just the prices are astronomical. I talked to someone who was selling one out of an automatic car (4.10 gears) for 150 less than everyone else.. I contacted him, he is also a member here, and he is in the process of parting out a wrecked manual ix.. so.. hopefully he'll be at a price I can live with... If I have to pay 400 dollars, I might as well rebuild it with new parts. Yeah?
                    1991 325ix

My 325ix Build

Comment

Yeh the iX stuff is hard to get unfortunately... Sweet progress though, keep chuggin! :up:
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                      X