No announcement yet.

M30 OEM Turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too! lol. My wife is getting annoyed with my constant repetition of, "I really need to work on the car today..."

Comment

Lmao I say that so much but yet little gets done

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Here's some pics :)

2nd washer pump wired in and properly taped

All the new wiring and hoses, also properly taped

And the fan mounted to the intercooler... Properly of course :)

Comment

Getting so much satisfaction out of this build... Just wonderful
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Getting there! If I dont go with a regular intercooler I may do that.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I actually had something very awesome work out last night. I always assumed I would need to have a custom AC suction line made up to clear the new manifold:

But then I looked more closely at the fitting where it attaches to the compressor, and I realized it has a curved neck. If I could loosen the collar nut a bit, maybe I could rotate it and gain some clearance? Let's try!

Success! I was able to rotate the neck without leaking any refrigerant. Now I've got enough clearance between the manifold and hose, and I can hold it down using the OEM clamps in new positions. This probably saved me a $500 trip to the AC shop for a drain/fab/fill job.

Comment

Holy shit that's just amazing. I like the way you tied it off with the washer bottle bracket..

and you still have your original compressor? I just by refurb when I restore, as I don't really trust them to work well. you're very fortunate.
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Ya for now the rubber-lined clip is attached to the washer fluid bracket with a zip tie, but I'll make up something more permanent with another piece of SS, just like I did for the IC mount that comes off the other side.

The compressor (actually the entire system I think) is all original and still works great. If I have to open it up some day to replace the dryer or x-valve, it will kind of suck :/

Comment

New to site,don't wanna crap on your thread,but there is a 745i, like corvallis mentioned for sale in Lake Worth ,FL CL running with 76k on odo. Going back to lurking.as of 4/23

Comment

Is it running yet?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

No, but the wife was out of town for a girls trip this last weekend, so much progress was made. Pics coming later today.

Comment

Ahem

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

you should wrap that A/C hose in some aluminum tape or with heat shielding wrap if you want your AC to work. Looks pretty close

Comment

That's a good point, I hadn't thought about the high pressure line. I have some leftover gold foil I can wrap it in.

Comment

Massive update!

I have a switch blank voltmeter that I really want to use, but I don't have any space to install it in the dash. So I started looking around and realized it would fit perfectly in the check panel. So, disassemble:

Originally I intended to cut out a space in the face plate and have the trim around the voltmeter sit flush with it, but this plastic is so fucking brittle it just snaps in to pieces.

But then I realized that the black you see on the face plate is just a coating; it can be removed with some solvent. So I decided to flush mount the voltmeter in to the housing, then "clear" a window on a (new) faceplate so that the display will show through.

All I need now is a new faceplate and I'll be able to reassemble the whole thing. Finished pics will have to wait until then.

Comment

Working...
                                X