Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub'ed!
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Hi. Great Project. Are u keeping the fabrics on the seats or repolster to leather? Its looks like ur passenger seat is ok - and i would like to buy the fabric from it if u want to sell. I really need a bottom part for my seats - thats all i need, the rest i have found. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will keep you mind. Im not sure when that step of the project will be happening yet

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the reply. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OK I need everyone's opinion. I ordered the material to redo the seats but a set of m3 Vader seats just came up for sale locally but they need to be recovered as well what's every ones opinion on redoing Vader seats in the original cloth material to match the rest of the car?

Comment

Keep the original sport seats. Not only for value and originality but vader seats are REALLY heavy and how would you run the electrical? (I'm assuming they're electric right?). Also, covering vaders in cloth? Naw.....

Comment

No vaders. Keep it OEM, period correct'ish. Sport seats are really nice seats.
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

E30 sport seats are one of the best feeling and looking seats BMW ever made. Keep em.

Comment

This build has POTENTIAL to be epic.

I had rebuilt sport seats and mint vaders. I chose the vaders. They are better for a DD.
                    The sport seats will hold you in much better but I'm a big guy at 6'4 and the sport seats just felt cramped and awkward.
                    The vaders feel like a couch compared to the sport seats.

If you do the vaders in cloth they will be much better than the sport seats. The only downside to vaders is you slide around on the leather.
                    I wish I had some Alcantara vaders, those would be tits.

I have manual non heated vaders and they are not THAT much more heavy than sport seats.

Honestly i think they look great but that's obviously opinion. Just sit in both and choose for yourself.
                    Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-23-2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

m-tech2 s52 touring? Fucking SUB'D!

Comment

Santo Guacamole! I'm in for this one.

Comment

so no vaders. update: seats are coming out material should be here tomorrow and the car should be at the paint shop by the end of the week. Just bought a E34 525i for parts today for $450 so I can steal the oil pan and all the other bits I need for the S52. Gunna order all the rebuild stuff for the engine this month. Now I just need to figure out if you can put a 6 cylinder 5 speed bell housing on a 540i 6 speed trans and mate it to the S52. If anyone has input on this it would be great

Comment

update. Seats are done. S52 is on the stand getting ready to go in. E46 330i 6 speed is here, clutch kit will be in tomorrow and shifter arm will be friday. revshift mounts are in and just picked up a 750il (bad engine) with 2 piece style 5 so I guess 5 lug it is. pics hopefully tomorrow

Comment

LOVE the touring,almost snagged a 5er but was MINUTES too late!!! Definitely will be following.At Bert Smith BMW by chance?

Comment

no but my shop is about 10 minutes from them though.

Comment

Working...
                                X