No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the dyno graph after I put it in excel and made it look nice. Made some good power :)

edit: ignore the "MMW ecu" noted at the top

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

I got some supplies to do the wiring correctly for all the auxiliary accessories I run. I've haven't been happy with the way I wired stuff up since I never really had a clear plan from the start, I just kinda ended up adding and adding stuff. Now it's a bit of a mess and I want it all grounded and powered properly with appropriate fuses. The 80 amp relays are to power the fuse block since all the aux accessories only need power with ignition on. Going to be adding a Wideband soon too for better data logging, tuning and peace of mind. Also planning on adding cam regrinds and a proper mmw tune. The plan is to put the e36 down for repairs/overhaul and pull the s52 cams and have them regrou d, then swap them into the e30 and put the e30's untouched cams back in the e36. Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Shadetree30

Comment

Damn, I need to detail my car. I got pissed for a second when I saw that because I thought, "I totally shouldve detailed my car instead of working on it!!"
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Damn, I need to detail my car. I got pissed for a second when I saw that because I thought, "I totally shouldve detailed my car instead of working on it!!"

Hahaha a good detail goes a long way. I totally forgot how nice the car can look after wash, clay bar, and a coat of sealant.

Shadetree30

Comment

Finally. It was LONGGGG overdue. Euro headlight grills and shadowline kidneys. I wasn't sure if I would like the blacked kidneys; I have always felt the prominent iconic kidney shape gets lost when they're blacked out, but on the e30, along with everything else, I think it looks pretty good! I also got a set of 2awg ground cable and alternator from bavarian restoration - they look like quality products!

The sky gave an interesting light right at dusk, so I snapped some pictures with the new grills. Dunno why they came out a little blurry.

Shadetree30

Comment

I just stumbled onto this thread today, and what a great read! Keep up the good work :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
                I just stumbled onto this thread today, and what a great read! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks you sir!

Shadetree30

Comment

Shadetree30

Comment

Cool hut. Where is the last picture from?

Comment

Great thread!! Love the bronzit and everything. I'm with him, i dont get the last post..
                      Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                        Cool hut. Where is the last picture from?
                        Originally posted by FreedomM3 View Post
                        Great thread!! Love the bronzit and everything. I'm with him, i dont get the last post..
                        Thanks guys. That's my garage (the "hut"). The strong socal sun finally killed it. I was replacing the cover.

The last picture (my car in the bottom left) is from my current project at work. It's a new cement plant the company just acquired. I've been working there during the week for the past month as procurement/purchasing project manager for the transition, temporary plant lead buyer and warehouse supervisor (hence the scarce updates).
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Shadetree30

Comment

I forgot to post these up. I participated in another autox 2 weekends ago. Alex (iwantspeed) rode with me for the first half to give me some tips. Thanks Alex!! It was a fun day as always. At the beginning of the day the limiting factor was my skill/driving. But by the second session I improved significantly and found the next limiting factor: my tires and brakes. The bfg sport comp2s just aren't sticky enough. They quickly got overwhelmed and I was then basically fighting to keep the car straight everywhere and could barely put my foot all the way down. Still fun, but a little frustrating knowing both myself and the car have a lot of potential to go faster. The brakes are pretty weak as well. The 944 booster and the original e30 master cylinder are mismatched which requires a lot more pedal effort, and even then while standing on the brakes I can't get them to lockup. I'll be looking into a different master, better pads (although i already run stoptech street performance pads), and potentially the mazda rx7 bbk (I already have brackets and a lead on a good deal for the full setup)

Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 10-11-2015, 10:31 AM.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Where did you go do autox?

Comment

How did you like those comp 2's in the auto x?
                                Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Working...
                                X