No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the tune. I dont think our cars really need a BBK. Good set of pads, fresh fluid and rotors that arent cracked. Thats the recipe I plan on using to prep for the track day
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Get the tune. I dont think our cars really need a BBK. Good set of pads, fresh fluid and rotors that arent cracked. Thats the recipe I plan on using to prep for the track day
      I'm already on a new set of brembo rotors, stop tech street power pads and fresh quality fluid. The brakes are weak... tough to even engage abs while stomping on them. It's probably mostly due to the 944 booster paired with the oem MC.

After driving the e36 with the 4 piston bbk on all 4 corners it's a MASSIVE contrast. Granted, I may just need to change the booster/MC and/or change pads, but it's still something I'd like to do.

Also I'd be lying if I didn't say part of the appeal is for the bling. Plus I already have 2 sets of the modified Corrado rotors :D

Anyway, I don't think I'd really be able to take advantage of the brakes without the wheel/tire upgrade, or vice versa. So I'll likely go with the tune now, and save for wheels, tires and brakes.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

I run dtc60s on stock blank rotors at all the tracks in the southeast and dont have any problems stopping, they just get consumed at an alarming rate :)

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          I run dtc60s on stock blank rotors at all the tracks in the southeast and dont have any problems stopping, they just get consumed at an alarming rate :)
          What did you run in the back? Ive been trying to figure out a stock daily setup and the track setup
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dtc70

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind!

Right now, I'm thinking that I'll have the S52 cams out of my E36 reground while it's apart, swap them for the cams in the E30 and get a tune.

Shadetree30

Comment

You might want to try a new booster first. I just changed my 944 booster out with a different one after the original died. I was having the same problem as you, while the brakes worked fine there was not enough assist. popped in a new booster and now the brakes feel 100% better. Im also running e36 brakes all around. they feel great now.
                1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                  You might want to try a new booster first. I just changed my 944 booster out with a different one after the original died. I was having the same problem as you, while the brakes worked fine there was not enough assist. popped in a new booster and now the brakes feel 100% better. Im also running e36 brakes all around. they feel great now.
                  Yeah I've suspected the booster for a while now. I think I hear it leaking vacuum, but just haven't had a chance to test it. Question is whether to stick with the 944 booster or change to a Clio booster or another more compact option.

Also toying with the idea of relocating the ABS unit.

Shadetree30

Comment

we use v8 boosters on all our swaps. Work amazing and clear manifold just fine.

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

we use v8 boosters on all our swaps. Work amazing and clear manifold just fine.
                      Which boosters are those?
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                        Yes... Do tell!
                        1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                        1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                        1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                        1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                        2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                        2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                        2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                        2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                          They are e32 break boosters, with a remote reservoir.

Just read through your whole thread, superb work mate. Good read.

Comment

We use E34 V8 booster/MC setups with direct res mount. No dealing with remote res BS.

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                              They are e32 break boosters, with a remote reservoir.
                              Just read through your whole thread, superb work mate. Good read.
                              Gotcha, it just threw me off that he said "v8 booster" - kinda sounded like there was some other option

Thanks man!

We use E34 V8 booster/MC setups with direct res mount. No dealing with remote res BS.
                              Thanks. First I need to check if my booster is leaking (pretty sure it is), and then decide if I want to go with a different option. That looks pretty tight though.

Any experience with the clio booster?
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Anyone run into this issue? The new OEM replacemen brake switch is too short. On the left is an e36 switch (which also works in the e30 btw - you just put the e30 plug into one side of it), middle is the new e30 switch, right is a "new" e30 switch of some unknown aftermarket brand.

I wound up wrapping the pedal with electrical tape at the spot where the switch contacts to build the surface up and make up for the height difference. I got 2 switches (one for a spare) and both were the same.

Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X