No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good to see it coming back together!
    '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
    '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by mikey1100 View Post
      Great thread, awesome that your going to fix her back up. I am in the camp that you should enjoy what you daily drive. It has been a joy to see your S52 swap, doing a S52 swap on mine next month. Got some great ideas form you, keep up the great work!
      Thanks! Glad I could be some inspiration :) It's been a joy for me as well
      Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
      It's good to see it coming back together!
      Hell yea!!

Swapped the valence and bumper last night so the car could have some self respect driving around for the next couple days. Looks decent, almost can't tell it was ever hit aside from the missing headlight. It just looks like it got a black eye now, instead of needing reconstructive surgery to the cheekbone, nose and jaw.

I drove it to work so I could drop it off with my friends at bavarian garage (around the corner from where I work) to get new front tires mounted. As someone pointed out before, they were bald :D too much autox. Also looked like I flat spotted them when I slammed the brakes in the accident... there were two huge black tire marks on the highway (abs where were you?)

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

I should have a bunch of the cosmetic stuff done soon, my fenders arrived from NC... but were delivered to SF!! I should have them in my possession around the same time my bumpers are painted. Then its just the valence and front lip

Glad to see its getting closer to its former beauty
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I should have a bunch of the cosmetic stuff done soon, my fenders arrived from NC... but were delivered to SF!! I should have them in my possession around the same time my bumpers are painted. Then its just the valence and front lip

Glad to see its getting closer to its former beauty
          Thanks simon, that's great to hear!! We should have a "back from the dead" drive when both are cars are back to their former glory. Also, damn you for being so lucky that your damage was so minimal and only cosmetic, paint/bodywork is the least of my worries.
          Shadetree30

Comment

It was hardly minimal, 2 new control arms, new oil pan, new radiator, new fan, 2 new wheels & tires, 2 fenders, a hood and a banged up valence too... haha but other than that yea pretty minimal.

and YES, we need to go rip the canyons when were both looking sexy again
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

It was hardly minimal, 2 new control arms, new oil pan, new radiator, new fan, 2 new wheels & tires, 2 fenders, a hood and a banged up valence too... haha but other than that yea pretty minimal
              Holy shit. I thought it was limited to the control arms, pan, wheels and fenders. But still, that stuff all bolts in and out :P

Nice sig btw, cool picture
              Shadetree30

Comment

Probably my favorite bronzit :up:
                Originally posted by Vokuhila
                I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Yea the more parts that got pulled off, the more stuff we found broken and my buddy paid to have it all replaced. Im paying for the bumpers getting painted, but other than that it was all on him.

I was tired of looking at that "wasted" pic and pulled an old one from a fun day on Mulholland. Seemed like an appropriate replacement pic
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
                    Probably my favorite bronzit :up:
                    Thanks man I really appreciate that!! :D
                    Yea the more parts that got pulled off, the more stuff we found broken and my buddy paid to have it all replaced. Im paying for the bumpers getting painted, but other than that it was all on him.

I was tired of looking at that "wasted" pic and pulled an old one from a fun day on Mulholland. Seemed like an appropriate replacement pic
                    Yea that's been the story of mine as well. Lucky it's all getting paid for!

Yea, that "wasted" picture made me sad every time I saw it
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Got new front tires since they were pretty bald.

Finally installed the new passenger side speaker (they sound awesome!!)

And drove to work today without the hood on my car... I parked on the roof of the parking structure to hide haha. I'm picking up another bronzit hood after work. This one looks like it's in excellent shape and won't need paint. I'd be thrilled if I could find another driver fender in better condition in bronzit. That way I'd only need to paint the bumper and valence. Also picking up a black carpet from the same guy!! Woohoo! I've been wanting to do that for a long time (though I'd prefer grey).
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                        Got new front tires since they were pretty bald.

Finally installed the new passenger side speaker (they sound awesome!!)

And drove to work today without the hood on my car... I parked on the roof of the parking structure to hide haha. I'm picking up another bronzit hood after work. This one looks like it's in excellent shape and won't need paint. I'd be thrilled if I could find another driver fender in better condition in bronzit. That way I'd only need to paint the bumper and valence. Also picking up a black carpet from the same guy!! Woohoo! I've been wanting to do that for a long time (though I'd prefer grey).
                        Lookin good! :)

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                          Lookin good! :)
                          Thanks Dave!!

I swear your ears must have been burning... My brother just bought a beautiful hellrot over dove grey e36m3 and asked me what kind of tuning options existed. Literally 20 minutes ago I told him to go to you. He's at Fort Benning just outside of Columbus. I think he might visit your shop this Saturday.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Ouch. Just ordered a new set of depo smoke headlights, morimoto mini h1 7.0s, the retrofit kit, and new bulbs + ballasts.... that hurt a lot. This cost as much as the subframe, core supports, fenders, hoods, bumper and valence combined :(
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Have you figured out how to put in the low beam adjuster on the euro smiley? I been having hard time trying to put in the adjuster.
                              Car looks like it's coming along nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                                Have you figured out how to put in the low beam adjuster on the euro smiley? I been having hard time trying to put in the adjuster.
                                Car looks like it's coming along nicely.
                                Yea, it was pretty straight forward iirc. I guess I'll be doing it again when i get the new lights.

And thanks!
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X