No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been working on cleaning up the core support to get it ready to swap and bolt in. It's been getting pretty cold at night (though not nearly as cold as some of you guys deal with) so I decided to give this propane heater a try. It's great! My garage tent is not insulated whatsoever and not really sealed either, but I'd say this heater on low brought the temp up a good 10-15 degrees in an hour which is plenty to take the edge off the temperature. It was ~45 degrees

Also picked up a welding cart from HF for $40. So much better having it all on a cart. I'll probably replace the casters and wheels and ad a brace on the bottom to make it a little sturdier.

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

that sucks about the headliner... front and rear screen out job im afraid :( could always use a square bit of cotton tape on the back and try stretch it back to where it needs to be so it doesnt look poo
      Boris - 89 E30 325i
      84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
        that sucks about the headliner... front and rear screen out job im afraid :( could always use a square bit of cotton tape on the back and try stretch it back to where it needs to be so it doesnt look poo
        Yea, I looked up a DIY later and saw the process. Doesn't sound too bad actually but I just don't have any interest to do that right now. It's at the bottom of the list.
        Shadetree30

Comment

So I decided that I wasn't finished modding the front subframe and I did this

I can't take my exhaust merge section right after the headers off unless I pull the headers due to the tight space down there, so I clearanced the subframe to hopefully help. Time will tell if I cut enough in the right places. I was eyeballign it since it's off the car.

Other side for comparison

Shadetree30

Comment

The smiley's are depo's correct? I'm thinking about picking up a set myself

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
              The smiley's are depo's correct? I'm thinking about picking up a set myself
              correct
              Shadetree30

Comment

Got some more parts. AN fittings and hose to make an extension/remote drain for the coolant drain on the side of the block. This has been on my mind for literally years. I'll do it for both my cars and never deal with that stupid mess again.

I've also been messing with the radiator core support. Since I have a spare in case I screw things up, I decided to try something different. I'm going to trim all of the excess metal at all of the edges, seam weld, and see what happens. Also I'll be making it removable.

Started at the top edge

Shadetree30

Comment

finished a small section just to see how it would turn out. Only had like 30 minutes to work on it. I think it'll look pretty neat when it's finished

Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 02-10-2016, 10:53 AM.
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Picture isn't working for me!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      Picture isn't working for me!
                      fixed! I forgot to move the photo to a public folder before I linked it
                      Shadetree30

Comment

What's your end game with that rad support?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

What's your end game with that rad support?
                          Honestly I'm not really sure. I've been kinda procrastinating pulling the front end off the car by finding anything to do but that. I guess the "goal" is just to make it look cleaner. It's a pretty ugly piece and since I plan to tuck, shave, and paint my bay I figured I might as well. Also It's fun to play with the welder.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                            Honestly I'm not really sure. I've been kinda procrastinating pulling the front end off the car by finding anything to do but that. I guess the "goal" is just to make it look cleaner. It's a pretty ugly piece and since I plan to tuck, shave, and paint my bay I figured I might as well. Also It's fun to play with the welder.
                            I like it, excited to see what you come up with!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

I like it, excited to see what you come up with!
                              thanks man! me too
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Why didn't I think of the remote drain for the block drain bolt any sooner!? Genius idea! You could totally put a kit together and sell it on r3v! Gah, wish I came up with that earlier!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Working...
                                X