Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    Yes! I remember you, the car and your plans. How is that coming along? Any chance it'll be done this season? That would be a blast racing with a v8 swap on the track :D
    I just had my last track day with this motor saturday, so I'm hoping to be done by the end of the year. I have a build thread around as well. I'll be keeping up with your thread for sure!
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
      Vinyl wrap the trim! I did mine 6 years ago using bulk signing vinyl and it still looks brand new, doesn't chip, still nice and glossy (I went for gloss black). Pretty easy to do without pulling the trim off, no messing with masking or overspray. Shadowlinetrim.com came into existence and sells a product specifically for this purpose, for $20-30. I recommend it to everyone.
      Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. Problem I have is that there is some weird pitting on the b pillar trim (which is already black) so I'll have to sand/fill/whatever and repaint that anyway otherwise it would still look bad wrapped in vinyl.
      Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
      I just had my last track day with this motor saturday, so I'm hoping to be done by the end of the year. I have a build thread around as well. I'll be keeping up with your thread for sure!
      Ahh too bad. Why didn't yu take the car down for the "winter" season? Regardless, I'll find your thread. Sounds like fun!
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Drew up a design for a new shift knob combining the mounting design of the new shifter and the style of the condor shifter. The finished version will look a bit different than the condor knob though. A friend of a friend (I guess he's my friend now too :) ) has a machining/manufacturing business and loves working with customers (especially for automobiles) to make special parts like these.

Zealous Manufacturing in Wisconsin @zealous_mfg

He'd be happy to make more of them, or anything else you can think up. I'll probably be working with him on a few other parts that may be of interest to others as well.

Finished the first two new seat mounts. Not bad for a hole saws, cutoff discs and flap disc. Started measuring for the rear mounting holes and tested them in the car. Seems like a perfect fit and position :D

Shadetree30

Comment

any shifter install pics?
          Singer Vehicle Design.
          Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by cali_e30 View Post
            any shifter install pics?
            Coming this weekend

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
            Shadetree30

Comment

Lies!! I see no updates, and its tuesday!! ;) hehe

good stuff as always.
              sigpic
              Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
              88 Alpine 325i
              1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Originally posted by dugly52 View Post
                Lies!! I see no updates, and its tuesday!! ;) hehe

good stuff as always.
                Hahaha patience!! It was a busy weekend and I only just took pictures last night.

So I finally installed and tested the shifter. I absolutely love it. Worth every penny. I only wish I had known about it earlier and had the foresight to buy one. Every aspect of it is excellent; fit, finish, performance. I made a review with more detailed information, feedback and pictures since I thought that was more appropriate rather than some random pictures and comments that would get lost in this thread.

Coolerworx BMW short shifter review

Mounting the shifter in the e30 does require the center console and ash tray to be clearanced/removed/modified and will no longer allow a shift boot (unless you make something custom). I started to make a panel to cover the exposed section around the shifter which should look great when done. Unfortunately I acted like an ape when I clearanced the console and didn't measure, just eyeballed it an cut a bit too much :p I'll probably replace the console eventually. I also haven't quite figured out what to do with the ash tray. Still not sure if that can be clearanced and reused, or if I'll have to make a new panel there too. Probably the latter.

Shadetree30

Comment

O.O pimp
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Damn. Awesome.

Comment

Does that shifter work like a sequential or is it just a super fancy normal style?

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        O.O pimp

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        Damn. Awesome.
                        Thanks man
                        Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                        Does that shifter work like a sequential or is it just a super fancy normal style?
                        It's just a super fancy "normal" shifter
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Thanks. Killer work btw. You are tempting me to learn how to paint haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                            Thanks. Killer work btw. You are tempting me to learn how to paint haha.
                            thanks :D the way I look at it, for what a good paint job costs (or less than that) you can buy good quality supplies, a decent sized air compressor and accessories, a decent paint gun and other odds and ends and do it yourself. And now you can paint anything in the future for only the cost of the materials, plus the air compressor is extremely useful for tons of other stuff. That said, the prep and labor that goes into good painting results is kinda a bitch
                            Shadetree30

Comment

That is a good point. Recommend a gun? Yah I've got a very large compressor already thankfully.

Comment

wow that coolerworx is sexy AF!! what'd you do with your old setup? :D
                                89 325i 4dr s52
                                02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                                21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Working...
                                X