Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XwalkerX View Post
    nice. im actually taking my car to get AC put in this week too lol.
    Yea, I decided to wait on it after the swap to let my wallet recover a bit. I figured I would wait until it got hot. Well, it got hot. It also got very uncomfortable.

Let me know how your AC install goes. I'll do all of the install and wiring, but I'm on the fence whether or not to take it to a pro to get it filled. I'll need to visit a shop at least to get the lines modified.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

I'm doing AC also since Cali summers are unbearable without it. I've got everything installed, just need a shop to crimp my lines and fill it up

Comment

What did you used to do the white lettering?
        E30 now S52
        2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
        325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
          I'm doing AC also since Cali summers are unbearable without it. I've got everything installed, just need a shop to crimp my lines and fill it up
          Yea, it's a must on at least one car. Any idea what it costs to have AC flushed and filled these days?

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
          What did you used to do the white lettering?
          I used a white sharpie paint pen from home depot. I tested it on one wheel. It held up very well over 2 months of abuse: rain, dirt, autox, mud etc. The trick is to make sure the surface is perfectly clean. I wiped it with brake cleaner until the rag came up clean.
          Shadetree30

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer!

Very nice build!

I like your Bronzit a lot! maybe because I own one also...!
            E30 now S52
            325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer!

Very nice build!

I like your Bronzit a lot! maybe because I own one also...!
              tapatalk helps ;)

Thank you! I never liked bronzit prior to owning this car. I still didn't like it until I installed the coilovers and wheels. The headlights improved it further. I bet after I get the window tint redone, paint all the window trim black, get new grills, euro trim, rear euro plate filler, and lightly smoke the taillights it will look KILLER. Bronzit isn't bad when you do it right!!!

Do you have a build thread?
              Shadetree30

Comment

So the motor started to make some ticking noises a couple of days ago. It sounds like one lifter ticking intermittently. Then it became a little more pronounced and sounded like another lifter joined the orchestra, again intermittently. So I changed the oil (needed it anyway). Forgot what was in it before, either the 0w-30 or 0w-40 european formula castrol.

Anyway, I filled it with 7 quarts of 0w-40 european formula castrol. We'll see if that changes anything. Also got an automotive stethoscope to help pinpoint it.

This is what the magnetic oil drain bolt looked like after removal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 06-18-2015, 12:32 PM.
                Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                  tapatalk helps ;)

Thank you! I never liked bronzit prior to owning this car. I still didn't like it until I installed the coilovers and wheels. The headlights improved it further. I bet after I get the window tint redone, paint all the window trim black, get new grills, euro trim, rear euro plate filler, and lightly smoke the taillights it will look KILLER. Bronzit isn't bad when you do it right!!!

Do you have a build thread?
                  Yeah, me to, at first, really didn't like it, but it's start to grow on me! Yeah really like the smoked headlights... You pretty much described what I'm aiming for... with a few variants ;)

Yeah, I do have a build thread; I started it this week and its more a overview of my e30 story... will try to update it with more details.

E30 now S52
                  325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Full set of AC lines from an e30 and e36. Still debating whether or not to have a shop just make a full set of flexible custom lines so I can hide them behind the fender, or just adapt the small portions of the e36/e30 lines

All new premium oem hardware minus the condenser (arriving today via amazon)

Couple other odds and ends "while you're in there"
                    new vanos line (mine is leaking), power steering pump rebuild kit, 80c whaler thermostat

Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 06-19-2015, 08:33 AM.
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Yeah, me to, at first, really didn't like it, but it's start to grow on me! Yeah really like the smoked headlights... You pretty much described what I'm aiming for... with a few variants ;)

Yeah, I do have a build thread; I started it this week and its more a overview of my e30 story... will try to update it with more details.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=359473
                      What variants do you have in mind?

I'll check it out! Support the bronzit!!!
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 rebuild + goodies swap - DD / autox Journey

Looks like you got the e36 m3 compressor -> condenser AC line. The one with the black end that bends down will be hard to use. Since the e30 line goes over the compressor instead of under like the e36.

Also what does the pump rebuild kit include? Mine is totally broken from boiling the fluid.
                        Last edited by pandaboo911; 06-19-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                          Looks like you got the e36 m3 compressor -> condenser AC line. The one with the black end that bends down will be hard to use. Since the e30 line goes over the compressor instead of under like the e36.

Also what does the pump rebuild kit include? Mine is totally broken from boiling the fluid.
                          yea, I saved all the lines from when I took it out of my e36 ages ago. I noticed that too. Would that still be an issue after it's been adapted to fit the e30 fittings?

pump rebuild kit includes the main shaft seal, and a bunch of other gaskets/seals p/n 32 41 1 135 880
                          Shadetree30

Comment

The koyorad 48mm radiator started to leak at the end tanks. FRsport was quick to replace it free of charge. I have a new one waiting to install. I know others have used these without issue.

Passenger engine side was where it leaked the worst.

Driver engine side showed beginning signs of leakage.

Front passenger side leakage

APDI parallel flow condenser

This is to show how much space is still available WITH a/c condenser and a spal fan. Hard to tell, but I still have at least an inch clearance between the front of the fan and the bumper. I am running the 30101517 spal, pusher, 2.48" deep, 1610 cfm, with a rubber gasket between the fan and condenser. The next fan size up (3.39" deep would probably be tight, but I bet it could fit)

Fan mounted to the condenser.

Backside.

I used these zip tie thingys. I had them on hand, and I didn't see a simple way to bolt the fan somehow somewhere.

My "to do" / reminder board. It needs some updating/cleaning. But I've been doing well. The e30 side was erased and filled once already

Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 06-23-2015, 12:51 PM.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Damn, that radiator leaked?? Ugh...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Damn, that radiator leaked?? Ugh...
                                Yuppers.

Hopefully the replacement doesn't
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X