Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hartge h26 project.....the long road:) Oct 2014 begins:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are now in late March

Well, I am just about caught up with the story. I skipped all the trips to the parts store, junk yard and dealer getting small parts for the car. Just had the guibo repaired, the last guy left out a bolt....a little vibration going on down there, but now it is fixed. Then the guy stripped the upper diff plug:), we got that fixed and now redline is in the diff, much quieter now.
    So, after all that I painted the side skirts, rear spoiler, and rear valance:) Paint turned out great on the valance, which btw is not hartge, and the side skirts. Did not work so well on the rear spoiler....paint sort-of turned pinkish after it dried. Looked perfect while wet;(.
    I did use a good primer on the white, so not sure what happened. It looks much better than white, but not as good as I wanted....
    Someday when I paint the whole car, that will all be fixed:) Those 16" hartge look good in the last picture:)

Comment

You'll be done with this before I'm done with any of mine at this rate! Keep it up.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        You'll be done with this before I'm done with any of mine at this rate! Keep it up.
        The plan is to be done by May 15th so I can drive it all spring:).
        The next project is the front spoiler:)....that will make the most difference in the car's look.:)
        Of course, there is always the other two parts????:).
        jm

We are now caught up in the story:)
        jm

Comment

Are those the 15" OZ in the last picture? They look like the 16" 4x100's

Comment

thanks,

Originally posted by _kanon View Post
            Are those the 15" OZ in the last picture? They look like the 16" 4x100's
            In the last picture they are 16" hartge wheels:)
            thanks for the comment,
            Comments are welcome:)

Comment

Dude excellent progress. Maybe one day you and I can cruise man. When I complete my h27sp Haha.
              Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

^ this. here's a pic of Levent's old vert Nina with the side markers retrofitted (car is now in Canada, back in Winston's posession).

what a great thread!! and incredible progress very very fast. SUB'D.
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

The car looks great. Good to see it being put back in such nice shape.

Comment

Thanks for the picture

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                    ^ this. here's a pic of Levent's old vert Nina with the side markers retrofitted (car is now in Canada, back in Winston's posession).

what a great thread!! and incredible progress very very fast. SUB'D.
                    Yeh, was sort of doing too many things that day. Have them on backwards:(.
                    Well, will have that fixed this weekend:)
                    thanks,
                    jm

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by B6guy View Post
                      The car looks great. Good to see it being put back in such nice shape.
                      Will be replacing the rear tails soon back to stock, and then the rear valance goes on....more later.

Comment

And here I thought you were running on the OZ 15" Hartges and only had the 16" spare ;D

Would you be willing to PM me how much it cost you for the steering wheel and badges? I'm starting to slowly collect stuff as well hah....There's a steering wheel on eBay but I feel like it's a tad over priced. Let me know :)

Looking forward to seeing more.

ALSO

Can you help me identify the difference between the early/late (prefacelift, facelift) models of hartges? I'm seeing h23,26,27 all on the early model cars...what models were used for the facelift cars?
                        Last edited by _kanon; 04-07-2015, 08:38 AM. Reason: Questions

Comment

Originally posted by _kanon View Post
                          And here I thought you were running on the OZ 15" Hartges and only had the 16" spare ;D

Would you be willing to PM me how much it cost you for the steering wheel and badges? I'm starting to slowly collect stuff as well hah....There's a steering wheel on eBay but I feel like it's a tad over priced. Let me know :)

Looking forward to seeing more.

ALSO

Can you help me identify the difference between the early/late (prefacelift, facelift) models of hartges? I'm seeing h23,26,27 all on the early model cars...what models were used for the facelift cars?
                          Yeh, I skipped over a bunch of projects, story of the 16" wheels, that I have done on the car:). I will go back and cover some of that later....like the interior that was replaced:). Will pm you with info. on Hartge parts. Raul and Barron are the guys you want to talk to regarding early cars. I have seen both also. My valance is the curved one that allows the h26 hartge spoiler to fit....which is going on the car in a few weeks:)

thanks,
                          jm

Comment

Thanks a lot :):)

Can't wait to hear about it. I believe we have the same front valance. Here's a pic of mine - they look identical :)

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

I'm trying to source a kit from germany. I believe I've found one but it's confusing because he says it's made for a h27 after 87 (so im thinking plastic bumper) but the list of cars that it says it fits includes prefacelift. Hopefully pictures clear that up.

Comment

same car

Yes, your car looks the same as mine, and I believe you are correct the 87 will be a plastic bumper car. Your kit has to be made for a euro bumper or you may have a hard time getting it to fit. Some of the hartge fronts are one piece which includes the bumper under a plastic cover. This I believe is for the h27 and 35. I am getting one for the h26, so that it will fit correctly on my valance and under the front euro bumper.
                              jm
                              Last edited by 2002jm; 04-07-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

wheels

In the last part of March, I was going through every post I could find that said hartge and I came across someone that needed some 16" hartge wheels. I went down through the posts and found someone over in the Portland area that had some...but the post did not say they were sold? So I contacted the guy over near Portland and made a deal. He was nice enough to send them up to Portland so I could pick them up on the way to my daughter's house. We were going on a little trip, so it worked out great. The place where I picked them up was only 15mins and on the way to my daughter's:). So we brought the 16s back put some tires on them and that was the end. I looked in the German paperwork, and found that my car came with 16" wheels with 205/50/16 tires. The car now has that tires/wheels combination and it even has a 16" spare:)

Comment

Working...
                                X