No announcement yet.

Garagetotal Kuhfänger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do a late model bumper conversion with the rear apron included this will be the best E30

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
    --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
      If you do a late model bumper conversion with the rear apron included this will be the best E30
      I kinda want to convert to euro bumpers.

Comment

euros would be dope
        sigpic
        '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
        Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

HQ pics of wheels on.

Comment

So iceyyyyy mane! And mind disclosing what man-elbow powered procedure you used to clean up your windows?

Comment

:up::up::up::up::up:
              probably my favorite e30 color

but now you just have to take care of how high up it is

Comment

Looks nice
                sigpic
                323i MTEC1
                Z3 coupe
                E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                  So iceyyyyy mane! And mind disclosing what man-elbow powered procedure you used to clean up your windows?
                  I used Meguiars quick detailer with a clay bar to get the haze off and then finished off with a window detailer/cleaner and some rain-x

Comment

Finally fixed a trans leak coming form the trans coolant line with the metal hook end. TIP: disconnect the shift linkage and move out of the way. Combine that with a ground down wrench and it works flawlessly.

Also cleaned out the filthy airbox as well as service the diff. Other than that just been driving it a little.

Also ordered Bilstein front sports and some low stuff.

Comment

Fuck 22mm inner ball joint nuts.

Comment

So today, I've gotten the new rear H&R Super Sports in. Pretty simple, unbolted the bottom shock bolt and the rear sway link, then used a 3' pry bar to remove the old springs. New springs just pushed in by hand.

Then, I started on the front. Got everything disconnected from the strut and the struts pulled out and pressure washed in about an hour.

Those pesky inner ball joint nuts are awful. I never want to do that again without a lift. Was trying to get them off with a standard length 22mm wrench and a shit ton of penetrating liquid, and just couldn't get enough force to crack the nut loose. After some choice words and a lunch break, I took the sway bar out and it made a world of difference. Had both nuts loose and off the ball joint stud in under 20 minutes. Tedious and slow but good enough with me.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND REMOVING THE SWAY BAR WHEN REMOVING THE INNER NUTS.

So now it sits, with everything disconnected except the tie assemblies because with jackstands, I cant get enough room to bend those retaining clip, washer things to be able to thread the inner tie rods out.

I'm also waiting on new control arm bushing brackets because the old ones never have had the bushings replaced and they're impossible to remove.

I've got the struts in my trunk ready to take to work to use the spring compressor so I can replace the strut inserts and put the new H&R Super Sports in.

Canon 5D MKIII / iPhone 5s
                        Canon 50mm F/1.4
                        Natural Light

Comment

I'm liking where this is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          sigpic
                          '88 325is. built M20. dd.
                          '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

Don't know how many times now since I've been ordering car parts that I've ordered something and it comes labeled and bagged with the right part numbers yet the part is completely wrong.

Comment

nice car and documentation!
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

After finally receiving the right parts, I've gotten everything put back together and on the ground. Only thing left to do suspension wise is take it to work to a lift and replace the tie rods then align it.

For now: Crap Cell Phone Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X