Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porsche smorche - I have a car habbit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Porsche smorche - I have a car habbit

    My name is Ether-D, and I am a project addict.

    So I read this great thread a couple weeks ago here on r3v about how 944 Porsches are super cheap. I was like, "I remember that car, they're ugly." Then the thread produced a pic or two that made me change my stance on them. Naturally, I next went straight to craigslist in order to see that there were none in my area or that they were way overpriced, but no. There was this one, all sexy n' moss-green (extremely rare color on a 944) and non-running and fuckin' cheap. God dammit. I bought it.

    This thread is to document it's rise from the grave.

    A few neat things about 944's:

    1. Water-cooled 4 cylinders with two balance shafts (one counter-rotating) so it feels smooth like an i6.
    2. Rear transaxle and torque tube.
    3. Better weight distribution than an e30.
    4. That back seat is exclusively for kids. (that's ok cause I have some kids)

















    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

    #2
    I hate those cars but I've always kind of wanted one for some reason
    - '88 m54 coupe

    <3

    Comment


      #3
      Awesome, man! I look forward to seeing what you do with her!!
      Originally posted by LJ851
      kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
      ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

      Originally posted by unloadedak
      #teamross
      Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

      Comment


        #4




        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

        Comment


          #5
          Ahem. LS Swap. Ahem.
          Lorin


          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

          Comment


            #6
            It's gotta be red IMHO!
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

            Comment


              #7
              You have made a terrible mistake.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5 : 2007 335i/6

              Comment


                #8
                I always hated this car. Still do. Tho I did come real close to buying it a few times.
                My 1990 325is Build Thread

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                  Ahem. LS Swap. Ahem.
                  renegade makes the kit, but Im sure you will make it in your backyard
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                  Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                  Originally posted by Melon
                  Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by ksjdan View Post
                    I always hated this car. Still do. Tho I did come real close to buying it a few times.
                    Like, this exact car? Or just some 944. Cause if you know this particular car, I'd like to know anything you can tell me about it. Some redneck that's even (waaaaay) more riggy than me, has had his way with it for a while. Not the guy I bought it from, but the guy before him, or the guy before him, or the one before that…
                    Originally posted by Andy.B
                    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    I was born on 3/25…
                    ~~~~~~~~~~

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      renegade makes the kit, but Im sure you will make it in your backyard
                      Yeah, it's $2000 for the kit, plus motor and everything else. I figure I'll just fix the motor that's in it, then do stuff to it. "Shhhhh…just let this happen…"
                      Originally posted by Andy.B
                      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Subscribed....older brother had one after he wrecked his 924 on the autobahn due to black ice...wanted to sell it me for $1 at age 16 and of course, the parents veto'd it...sometimes I think I should have restored one instead of the e30, but oh well...I love these cars!
                        1997 Artic Silver M3
                        CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

                        Comment


                          #13
                          WATS with the BMW in the back is what we need to know!!!!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Cool car man, Ls that bitch!!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                              Like, this exact car? Or just some 944. Cause if you know this particular car, I'd like to know anything you can tell me about it. Some redneck that's even (waaaaay) more riggy than me, has had his way with it for a while. Not the guy I bought it from, but the guy before him, or the guy before him, or the one before that…
                              Just 944s in general. You hate it, but you kind of want one at the same time. Kind of like e60 m5s.
                              My 1990 325is Build Thread

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X