No announcement yet.

Second time's a charm? M-Tech II Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing too exciting, but I feel like an asshole for not updating this in a while. I've done a laundry's list worth of maintainence and have almost finished putting together a full brake refresh/upgrade as well as a coolant & timing service with a new, larger radiator(still has the 320i rad). mmmmm new stuff.

and of course, the best thing I've done to her was last weekend when I finally got my hands on a set of nagaros. new centercaps and roundels are enroute.

-89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
    -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

I hated red e30s until I owned one. Now I love them. Your touring looks great. Nice buy.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Thats a great looking Touring. I have a customer with a red RHD 325i Touring I'm trying to get him to MT2 it. I'm going to show him this car!
        Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

I've had this discussion with a few people. It all depends on what you'd like to do with the car. I personally feel like the MT2 kit is meant for a smooth street car with set of classy, fitted wheels; which is what I'm shooting for with this one.

My friend has a wagon with all of the IS stuff and some really aggressive wheels and raked stance; it completely changes the attitude of the car. I doubt I'd be able to copy that look and retain the MT2 kit, think it would make for a really conflicting look. Its all about preference. I'm still searching for a set of Keskin KT1's to slap on there once spring rolls around.
          -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

So I'm making an assumption that's Weisbaden AAF? Facilities there are much nicer than Illisheim AAF had.

Nice car.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Wow, looks like a great start.

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

Looks great man.
                E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                  So I'm making an assumption that's Weisbaden AAF? Facilities there are much nicer than Illisheim AAF had.

Nice car.
                  Close; same garrison, KAAF
                  -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

You have the nicest red wagon I have seen

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

My my, this thing sure is a lovely one :-)
                      Not much of a ''red car'' fan either but this one looks so good, and I love tourings :-)
                      (Look at my sig, you'll see how much)
                      #ShenanigansE30 1989 Touring AC Schnitzer S3 replica http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=320784
                      Ruffian 1987 318is 2 door Hartge project http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=290863
                      Natalma 1990 Touring AC Schnitzer S3
                      #GlorianaE28 1986 525i
                      #AnniePowerE34 525i 3.2 M50 with AC Schnitzer S5 parts
                      sigpic

Comment

Very nice car. It's perfect in that color combo

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

So it's been a while, some stuff happened, now I had to fix it. Not a huge deal since I wasn't driving it because of the winter weather anyways.

Driving one night, the heater core/ valve let loose on me so I ordered both and all the gaskets to boot since they were just as old.

Culprit.

Such a pain in the ass

New stuff!

-89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Hah, what a pain in the ass. I've only ever pulled a dash once, I'll avoid it as long as possible if I ever have to do it again.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Wow, I suck at updating this. I had a ridiculously busy summer with missions throughout the Baltics. I only put 2200ishKM on the car this year and its my DD.

Bought some stuff that I was missing and wanted to upgrade the sound system.

Did a valve adjustment, and some other maintenance. Replaced this terrible looking fuel filter and realized my fuel line had a nasty pin hole in it

Then I put on some S-drives that i really like..get a little too greasy for my tastes when driven really hard, but feel great for a DD Summer tire

Next I started prepping to ship it back to the states and changed out the drive line fluid. I'd been noticing a little rear end wine at low speeds and some mild bucking(apart from the shitty sub-frame bushings). Turns out the gear oil was fucking toast in the rear end. Much smoother engagement now with the LSD.Trans Fluid looked like it had been replaced fairly recently..buuuut its not going to hurt anything.

Then I placed a final order for all the touring specific seals/clips/cargo area stuff and packed it up in my goods shipment. Everything else I can get my hands on easily in the states since the part numbers cross over with sedans. The wife was not happy seeing the invoice :D

I cleaned it up and dropped it off at vehicle processing yesterday. I guess you could say things are getting serious now. I should be able to pick the car up just after Christmas..I'm pretty damn excited to get it home to really dive into the car.

Hopefully it arrives safe and the next update will be road tripping it back from port.
                              -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Damn that is a beautiful touring.
                                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                                X