No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so a little update here, hope to have the entire interior back in in a few weeks.

So first the rust, its all repaired!!

I POR-15 it after it was repaired, then I used a POR topcoat white to clean it up. It doesnt match the interior perfectly but oh well it will be under the carpet. I also fixed the battery box area and the jack area where there was a hole in the fender liner.

Ignore the welds around the battery box area, it didnt have to be pretty since it will be covered up by the Mtech II rear bumper when its done.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Next I was able to get all the stereo wiring run. I wanted to reuse the OEM wiring, but as I spoke about in my other post the PO cut so many wires and some of its missing so I ran new wiring and 3 RCAs from the front to the back. I wish I would have known about the Luke box and solutions before I bought all the stuff for my car. It will do though I got the whole setup for almost nothing.

I also mounted the new speakers into the premium sound mounts, the old speakers were not even in there.

Comment

Last but not least John at Ninestitch is getting close on my seats. Back seats are partially done, he still needs to do some stretching and maneuvering to get all the wrinkles out, and the front seats are coming along, waiting on some new shocks.

Comment

Few more of the seats.

[/url]

Comment

Those seats are fucking sexy.

1986 327i
            transaction feedback
            DIY thing
            meh

Comment

Originally posted by modernist View Post
              Those seats are fucking sexy.
              Thanks! Hope you are enjoying the diff!

I was able to get a tan set of M3 front and rears relatively cheap (well for M3 seats), probably because they were tan and in bad shape leather wise. The Foam and the rails and everything else were good. Now just have to figure how much its going to cost me to ship these damn things from NY!

Comment

Ok a few more updates. I finished installing my alarm and cleaned up the wiring under the dash. There is a bit more to clean up but here is the before when I first bought the car, the PO had a rats nest of wires and relays and cuts all over the place.

Before

The original alarm brain which I removed

I first brought everything back to stock, needed to get the mirrors to work, the dome lights, CLU etc. then started my install of the alarm.

I basically followed 84Driver's diagram exact except for the trunk trigger I went right to the brown wire on the switch instead of using a diode. Everything worked great except the left side wouldnt blink. It was driving me nuts I checked the connections twice and then I am realizing I used the same connections to the light switch the PO used since they were already there. I noticed the left rear didnt blink when I bought the car but the bulb was also out so I didnt think anything of it.

Last night I rechecked the wires and realized he had hooked up to the wrong left side wire, he hooked up to Gray and Red, not even sure what that is.

So basically the PO had it hooked up wrong for who knows how many years and just left it half ass with only the right side blinking.

I should have known better then to trust anything he wired and should have looked at the wires by themselves.

I am going to update my diagram this week to reflect what I did so the bad one is laying around.

Here are a few pics, since I plan on removing the airbag wheel, I removed the airbag computer and zip tied the alarm brain and the relays in that open space to make the install cleaner and not have them falling out if I remove the knee panel. I love it up there, I am not as professional as you guys but I definitely didnt want it looking like the rats nest from before.

Also cleaned up all the wiring for the light delay and the CLU, those will have to be zip tied up later, I still need to clean up the wiring around the speaker area.

Here is my alarm diagram if anyone needs it.

While I was wiring I decided to add a secondary trunk light, love this feature.

Last edited by Staszek; 11-11-2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Also the seats are done and about to be shipped. The leather has a few wrinkles but will shrink a bit and fit into place. I am pretty happy with them and cant wait to get them in!

Comment

Last but not least I bought a new used rear deck, the PO cut holes in mine because he was using them to port a 15" sub he had in the trunk, ahhh!!

Anyway picked this up cheap from a member on here, cleaned the fabric then sprayed it black. Came out great! It will go well with the new interior and black carpet.

Had to move him to the other side of the in laws garage, they finally cleaned that part out so I have more space now, I like it better on this side easier access to things.

The goal is to get the sound deadening in and hopefully the carpet tonight so I am ready when the seats make it here.

Comment

Ohhhh and I bought this :devil:

Comment

Where did you get the wheel from?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by imjusthere View Post
                          Where did you get the wheel from?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                          Ebay, guy in Germany selling the small 370mm wheel completely recovered in leather and with M stitching, it wasnt cheep though. I could have gotten a better deal if I bought one that wasnt redone, but I know me and I would have wanted it recovered so it would have been a hassle of sending it somewhere.

Between the seats, the front/rear door panels, carpet and steering wheel I think the interior is now officially more expensive then the entire car cost me!
                          Last edited by Staszek; 11-10-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Damn, minty fresh seats and steering wheel! It's all going to look great :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              Ebay, guy in Germany selling the small 370mm wheel completely recovered in leather and with M stitching, it wasnt cheep though. I could have gotten a better deal if I bought one that wasnt redone, but I know me and I would have wanted it recovered so it would have been a hassle of sending it somewhere.

Between the seats, the front/rear door panels, carpet and steering wheel I think the interior is now officially more expensive then the entire car cost me!
                              Looking good brotha!!!

I'm sure you still have more $$ you'd like to spend as well!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
                                Looking good brotha!!!

I'm sure you still have more $$ you'd like to spend as well!!!
                                Oh yea! Still need to do the bearings on the S54, finishes the suspension refresh, all the cooling and mounting parts for the new engine, and then there is the exhaust......hurts thinking about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X