No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last but not least I put the rear door panels in, love them! And then popped the seats in. The M3 seats are so damn comfortable.

I have the Mtech tricolor seat badges, I am on the fence on whether I want to put them on. I loved the idea of them but not sure I want to put a hole in my brand new seats.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

damn this is nice! All brand new interior must be amazing. Keep it up

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
      --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
        damn this is nice! All brand new interior must be amazing. Keep it up
        Thanks, its really nice going from the crappy damp broken dirty interior the car came with to this.

Now need to get the radio in and the rest of the trim and move on to the suspension.

Comment

Nice progress! I love your interior so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          '88 325is. built M20. dd.
          '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

BTW and maybe I didnt notice because I havent really had seats in the car since Feb except when I had vadars in briefly, do the M3 seats not travel back that far, it seems like they need to go one more inch. I can sit almost perfect in them right now at 6' but someone slightly taller I think it would be really tight.

Comment

What is on the door panel?
              And why did you cover everything?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                What is on the door panel?
                And why did you cover everything?
                Sound deadening/vapor barrier. Most new cars have all the openings covered in one big vapor barrier I can peal it back if I need to get in there.

Comment

So I have a set of these, I am on the fence if I should install the. I was all about them when I bought them, it would go with the MtechII theme I am starting. I have the door sills, the grill badge, full kit etc. But now that I look at how nice my seats are I am not sure I want to pierce the leather lol

Comment

Mannnn, you car is coming together beautifully! That interior is great, and in reference to the mtech seat badge, I'd do it. It'll compmete the look.

Comment

John made me a set of interior for my car as well. I just got done reupholstering them they turned out awesome in my opinion. Other than my passenger seat bolster bracket broke so I had to tear is all back down and I have to weld it. But after I put my seats in I noticed how much I hate my carpet and it is all your fault. Thanks for that. As for the MT2 badge I disagree, don't put them on your seats. If you didn't have the whole red stitching theme going on I would say go for it. I think the badges will take away from what you already have. Less is more.
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                        John made me a set of interior for my car as well. I just got done reupholstering them they turned out awesome in my opinion. Other than my passenger seat bolster bracket broke so I had to tear is all back down and I have to weld it. But after I put my seats in I noticed how much I hate my carpet and it is all your fault. Thanks for that. As for the MT2 badge I disagree, don't put them on your seats. If you didn't have the whole red stitching theme going on I would say go for it. I think the badges will take away from what you already have. Less is more.
                        That's what I was thinking. Sorry about the carpet lol! I knew once I found out I could get a black carpet I was buying a new one. Glad I did my old one was a mess and it smelled from water that had leaked into the car.

I like your write up, need to get my trim off soon to powder coat!

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                          That's what I was thinking. Sorry about the carpet lol! I knew once I found out I could get a black carpet I was buying a new one. Glad I did my old one was a mess and it smelled from water that had leaked into the car.

I like your write up, need to get my trim off soon to powder coat!

I was not aware you could buy OEM carpet. So I dyed mine black and I thought it looked pretty good until I saw yours. And now when I see it, it looks like shit. Had I known could buy the OEM carpet I would have picked up a black carpet as long as it was available for an ix. Ix carpet is a little bit different because of the trans tunnel length. It is something I will have to look into.

As for the write up, thanks. I had searched to see if there was a write up for it and could not find one. So I figured I would do my part and contribute a little to the site. I am glad it has been helpful for some people.

I will continue to follow this build, you are doing a great job. keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                            I was not aware you could buy OEM carpet. So I dyed mine black and I thought it looked pretty good until I saw yours. And now when I see it, it looks like shit. Had I known could buy the OEM carpet I would have picked up a black carpet as long as it was available for an ix. Ix carpet is a little bit different because of the trans tunnel length. It is something I will have to look into.

As for the write up, thanks. I had searched to see if there was a write up for it and could not find one. So I figured I would do my part and contribute a little to the site. I am glad it has been helpful for some people.

I will continue to follow this build, you are doing a great job. keep it up.
                            I need to figure out what I'm doing for the dead pedal. The new carpet doesn't have the OEM rubber dead pedal or the rubber underneath the pedal area.

Comment

I need to figure out what I'm doing for the dead pedal. The new carpet doesn't have the OEM rubber dead pedal or the rubber underneath the pedal area.
                              Buy a Mtech dead pedal and the floor mats will cover the rest.

Comment

So I have a set of these, I am on the fence if I should install the. I was all about them when I bought them, it would go with the MtechII theme I am starting. I have the door sills, the grill badge, full kit etc. But now that I look at how nice my seats are I am not sure I want to pierce the leather lol

Dont do it, keep it classy and hole free.
                                Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Working...
                                X