No announcement yet.

325es noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't feel too bad yet ,I bought my 86es in sept '15 ,and have been trying to fix a rich running problem for a year and have addressed everything that might have an effect including a new dme ,it is still not running right and not smogged,I have only been able to drive the car for less than 250 miles in all this time ...very depressing..cannot even find a shop that is willing to diagnose an older car ,the car has been to two different shops that both said it was the AFM ,but I have tried three different ones ,and they all functions well in my other 87 ,and electrically check out virtually the same with a battery and meter.

Comment

Originally posted by 1843lamp View Post
      Don't feel too bad yet ,I bought my 86es in sept '15 ,and have been trying to fix a rich running problem for a year and have addressed everything that might have an effect including a new dme ,it is still not running right and not smogged,I have only been able to drive the car for less than 250 miles in all this time ...very depressing..cannot even find a shop that is willing to diagnose an older car ,the car has been to two different shops that both said it was the AFM ,but I have tried three different ones ,and they all functions well in my other 87 ,and electrically check out virtually the same with a battery and meter.
      Oh man, that sucks :/. Yeah, I'm really hoping to make this my daily driver. I've got a 2011 Scion xB so I'm not hurting for a DD, but damn that would be disappointing!

Luckily there is a local BMW shop (private not dealer) who does the e30s still. I've already been in contact with them about doing a full inspection for me once I get it out of my driveway.

m.ryangmw.com is the shop.

Comment

Lol. I think I'm out of gas now. Won't start... I can hear fuel pump running and running and running. Loosened one of the gas hose clamps. Just blowing air out!

Comment

Off to get gas. Funny how I went chasing a rich fuel mixture problem and definitely fixed some big issues, to being as lean as you can possibly be. I knew I shouldn't of been overly optimistic with my, "start right up first crank!" remark 😂

Comment

She runs! Sounds glorious too 😂

Comment

Here's the run video. She revs too!

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Just finished soldering in the new si board batteries. Got the PCB a bit hotter than I meant to, but I tested a few locations and it appears to be ok. I'll put the dash back in later and test it out.

I also bolted the rest of the exhaust up and ran the car again. It's surprising loud and satisfying. Maybe because the muffler is rusted to shit internally? In any case, I was pleasantly surprised by the stock tone.

Comment

hellova deal and good work so far!

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                    hellova deal and good work so far!
                    Thanks!!! Just got the tach and fuel gauge working. Damn #10 fuse.... Most importantly is that I have an oil pressure light that works (and turns off) now. I was gambling for awhile. Checking the overhead oil feed for signs of oil pressure. Feels good to know the heart is pumping [emoji18]

Comment

Got our first sprinkle of rain of the season last night. First time the E30 has been wet with other than a hose. I've noticed this before when washing, but water just sits here in the trunk recess. Is it just the level my car is on or??

The brown stuff here is just dirt. There is no rust or weather damage in these areas at all. Car might have lived in a garage most of its life.
                      Last edited by BFT_Boyle; 09-13-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Was the car originally Bronzit?
                        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

So I'm here at work day dreaming about working on the e30 and I realize I still don't have my vent tube hooked up yet. Couldn't figure out where it goes. After some searching I find that it goes to the throttle body. Does that mean I've had a vacuum leak this whole time?? I mean the engine sounds better and better everytime I correct something and after fixing the ecu grounding problem, I thought I had reached a pinnacle. The damn thing just sounds beautiful. Now that I have my tach working, I did note that idle was at 1100rpm. Figured it was just "cold". Now I'm thinking I just have an open port on the TB. 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                            Was the car originally Bronzit?
                            Yeah it was. Engine bay is still Bronzit. Not a big fan of red myself, but they did a good job. Ultimately I want a matte blue 3M wrap.

Comment

Thinking about my possible open TB port. I would have noticed it with the smoke test right? Unless the smoke simply didn't reach that port with the TB flapper being close/idle.... Ugh, Ive got another 3 hours of work before I can go home and confirm. It's killing me 😫

Comment

Well I was smart enough to put duct tape over the open TB port. Engine still running a little fast, though I have yet to really let it warm up. I did find the crank breather hose in my truck, but it's too stiff to get it installed with the TB bolted in. Ill put on the shopping list...

Comment

Working...
                                X