No announcement yet.

325es noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea is to keep the compression ratio higher, M20 motor loves compression. The 885 head, while it has awesome porting doesnt match the dome on the piston so it drops the CR which is already low, in todays terms. A 731 head done right has big rewards, IMO
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      The idea is to keep the compression ratio higher, M20 motor loves compression. The 885 head, while it has awesome porting doesnt match the dome on the piston so it drops the CR which is already low, in todays terms. A 731 head done right has big rewards, IMO
      Well it's definitely worth a try less expensive than the full swap. I'll have to keep my eye out for that head. I see 323i has it and I see reference to 320i, but all the 320i stuff I see around here are the M10 engines

Comment

Short video of my tach working after SI battery and fuse. Shift linkage not hooked up so it was rattling on the (guibo housing? Not sure what to call that drum off the tranny). Engine/oil cold; I didn't want to push the revs.

High idle... Not sure if that is where it sits when cold, or if I have another issue.

Cooling hoses come tomorrow, then I can let everything warm up safely.

Comment

Rev limiter works 😎 I get bolder every time.... No cooling hoses today though, stuck in Reno apparently. Cheers to mañana.

Comment

New cooling hose set showed up today along with a clutch slave cylinder. Time to get to work...

Comment

So go to start the car, and the key won't turn... WTF? Had zero problems with it. Steering wheel locked. Can't get the tumbler to budge....

Comment

Well the no key turn fixed itself. Nothing to worry about! ;)

Comment

Oh and just installed clutch slave cylinder, but pedal falls to floor (well spring loaded kinda....) Master clutch cylinder yeah?

Comment

Sounds like a master cylinder to me!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So fresh cooling lines. Need to get bolts for alternator bracket so I can actually run the water pump. I did get a belt and put it over the water pump pulley and main crank. It stays on so long as I don't rev too much [emoji38] but it is circulating, radiator getting warm, and temp needle moving towards nominal.

Ordered master clutch cylinder rebuild kit (BMW OEM) and a new guibo from ECS. Won't be here for a couple weeks so not many updates until then.

On another note, I thought I would share my workspace.

Thar she blows!

Bought the place last year, garage was converted to a "den" years ago so yeah, not much to work with, however I have done everything here in the driveway, at work in the lab, or in the living room ;)

Comment

I would stop buying parts from Ecs tuning

And check out rmeuropean.com

I have been buying parts from them for 9 years. No mistakes or issues. Can't say the same for Ecs tuning

-
                        Project
                        Parts for Sale
                        Feedback
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BFT_Boyle View Post
                          Bought the place last year, garage was converted to a "den" years ago so yeah, not much to work with, however I have done everything here in the driveway, at work in the lab, or in the living room ;)
                          Greetings, fellow living room car builder :D
                          E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                            I would stop buying parts from Ecs tuning

And check out rmeuropean.com

I have been buying parts from them for 9 years. No mistakes or issues. Can't say the same for Ecs tuning
                            I'll have to check em out. ECS caught my eye for the free shipping over $25.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by Skarpa View Post
                              Greetings, fellow living room car builder :D
                              Cheers!

And Finland no less!

Spent a week outside of Helsinki a number of years ago. Been wanting to go back ever since.... Great heavy metal selection \m/

Comment

#3 and #4 fuel injectors. Do they fire at the same time? Those were my only unlabeled connectors and I can't feel/hear a difference if they are swapped. Unless they are both unplugged then I can really notice. :/

Comment

Working...
                                X