No announcement yet.

325es noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little reading while I waited.... #3 and #4 must be in the same injection group. Nome of that fancy SI shit.

Comment

Got my N2O setup!!!!! Just kidding... Just kegging some brown ale. I did get my guibo and master cylinder rebuild kit today though. Right now it's raining like a bitch. E30 is under the covers. Install stuff next weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by BFT_Boyle; 10-16-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

So I broke off the lower bracket for the accelerator pedal. It was spot welded in place and I bumped it a bit too hard. What now?? Can I clean up the area and JB weld it? Drill holes in the bracket and tack weld it?

Comment

Wrong guibo! :( I ordered the early style which everything else on this car seems to be. Apparently not right.

Comment

And the clutch master cylinder repair kit is nothing like what I have .... I seriously waited 2 weeks for that thing even to ship out....

Comment

Originally posted by BFT_Boyle View Post

So I broke off the lower bracket for the accelerator pedal. It was spot welded in place and I bumped it a bit too hard. What now?? Can I clean up the area and JB weld it? Drill holes in the bracket and tack weld it?

Looks like there's something wrong with the welds originally. If spot weld is properly fused together it doesn't brake easily and often the sheet metal will rather tear than break the weld. (from my experience of taking the body apart) If you have welding equipment then drilling holes to the part and plug welding it back would be the safest bet. If you do weld, remove all the original sealer from the area well because the original PVC undercoating forms acid when burning and will cause the parts to rust quickly unless it's removed before welding. By the way, where was that part sitting? It seems unfamiliar.
              Last edited by Skarpa; 10-20-2016, 11:44 PM.
              E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Originally posted by Skarpa View Post
                Looks like there's something wrong with the welds originally. If spot weld is properly fused together it doesn't brake easily and often the sheet metal will rather tear than break the weld. (from my experience of taking the body apart) If you have welding equipment then drilling holes to the part and plug welding it back would be the safest bet. If you do weld, remove all the original sealer from the area well because the original PVC undercoating forms acid when burning and will cause the parts to rust quickly unless it's removed before welding. By the way, where was that part sitting? It seems unfamiliar.
                Hey Skarpa,

Kind of hard to see in this picture, but you can see the mating bracket (just to the left under the steering column) that I didn't break. It holds the accelerator pedal linkage to the floor.

I did end up drilling a couple holes and removing the coating to a bear surface. I've got a wire feed welder so I'm going to tack it back into place tonight. I am a little concerned about the sparks lighting something up inside, but I'll pull back the carpet and have water ready.

Going back to my guibo and clutch master cylinder parts being wrong. I realized I made the mistake on the guibo. Needed the ~110mm diameter, bought the ~135mm. As for the mast cylinder repair kit, I have no idea what I received. Didn't look anything like the orings/plunger inside if my cylinder.

Sending everything back to ECS today. Ordered the correct guibo and a full master cylinder replacement from rmeuro (recommended by another member) apparently the parts will be here today!

Comment

Well... The correct parts came in today along with some others. Guibo was correct size. The new/rebuild clutch master cylinder matched up, and I bought a center driveshaft support bearing assembly. Clutch master installed, but no one around to help bleed to system.... Maybe the wife can be a pedal pusher when she gets home.

Comment

Annnnddd I have a working clutch 😁 feels.... Springy I guess. Stage 2 installed but I never felt the stock so I don't have a reference.

Comment

Ain't too pretty, but I got the accelerator bracket welded back in place. Couldn't see shit with the torch head in there. I used a rare earth magnet to hold the bracket in place while I tacked. I will most likely clean and coat with JB weld just to seal everything up.

Comment

So this guy has the wheels I need..... And the 02 I need as well. See it everyday out in the elements. Sigh....

Anyways. Got my center bearing support installed in the driveshaft. Yes it's a Uro and yes I realize now the quality. But if it can get me to the smog shop and back, I'm good.

Comment

I cannot get the damn driveshaft in! I've got it collapsed as much as I can and in fact I'm worried it is stuck because I really had to force it. That center support post of the transmission will not feed into the center bushing. It's like the approach angle is too steep but I don't know how else to get it past the guibo studs. Taking a break to cool down

Comment

Finally!! Ended up dropping the transmission down a bit and managed to get everything lined up. Officially have power to the wheels now.

Comment

She drove! :) Only did a small test up the block and back, but it was good. Passenger side front wheel bearing needs replacing though. Shift linkage still kinda funny, but I'm grinning ear to ear

Comment

How did you get your driveshaft back in and what as the problem? Sometimes, if there isn't enough room, you have to dismount the diff.

Comment

Working...
                                X