Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another 325IX repair thread (Now with more TURBO!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it sucks photobucket went down. I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.

CX Racing rev2 manifold
    Rebuilt Holset WH1C, 9CM non wastegated turbine housing
    CX Racing catback with catalytic converter added
    KA Motors 600cc injectors
    MSPNP ECU -
    ebay FMIC
    A/C deleted,
    oil filter relocated
    APSX AFR gauge
    ebay wastegate
    7psi boost currently

Total cost was about $3000 for the turbo stuff. some used, but mostly new.

thats about it.
    gonna replace the AFR gauge and boost gauge with this eventually. Just need to figure out where I want to install it.

The tune is coming along. The idle hunts a bit. sometimes its buttery smooth and others it'll hunt 100-300 rpm which is really annoying. The timing map is a mix of KA Motors boost map and the DIYAutotune basemap, with autotune helping form the VE table out of boost.
    325IX Build Thread
    RX7 Build Thread

Comment

been a while since I've updated this...
      excuse the huge pictures...why is imgur doing this to me q_q

Turbo build has been super solid. I beat on the car literally every chance I get. I'm making about 260 at the wheels right now. It ran a 13.9 @ 104 MPH in the 1/4 mile. I plan on replacing the turbine housing to make some more power in the future.

325IX Build Thread
      RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Man that's a lot of purple :D

Cool to hear that it's holding up! I am always weary about eventually snailing my ix because of the front diff, but it seems to hold up in most peoples builds.
        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxsequence View Post
          been a while since I've updated this...
          excuse the huge pictures...why is imgur doing this to me q_q
          "Huge Thumbnail" is what I typically use. Nice progress on the IX
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

very cool man! Good to hear it's running.

As far as that idle issue goes, check your brake booster grommet-oring-thing, check the brake booster check valve isn't shot and as well the "air pump" coming off the brake booster going to the throttle body. I've found a handful of idle related issues there.

I like that you daily this car. Mine is daily'd as well and it's been a lot of fun to drive. I need more speed though cause my heavy-ass Audi still is faster than my IX.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!

Got a few things ordered for the car that I wont mention for now, but I will say it's gonna see some track time this year :)
              325IX Build Thread
              RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Photos here: https://imgur.com/a/ZN8yELr

Step one of the HPDE prep was making sure the car had a reliable temperature gauge. Seeing as the stock gauge sucks no matter how many times I've taken the cluster off to adjust the nut it always goes haywire. Maybe needs new batteries? who cares.

I purchased one of these really cool CANbus gauges for my RX7 a few years back and ordered one for the BMW now. It can read all sorts of data from the MS and can even send data back through a few additional sensor inputs. Really quality product with a ton of adjustability.

So now I have a reliable working temp gauge, cleaned up center console, and I was able to program in a coolant overheat, overboost, overheat IAT, and shift light as well! Not bad for $300. I plan on adding an oil temp and oil pressure sensor in the sandwich plate. These inputs will get fed into the CANbus gauge and fed back to the MS for datalogging.

I also have brand new HP+ pads and blank rotors ready to go on. The last and hardest part of the puzzle is figuring out where this passenger front clunk is coming from.
                325IX Build Thread
                RX7 Build Thread

Comment

That seems like a pretty trick gauge.

If you don't mind me asking where'd you find the obc plate for the gauge? I've been looking for one for awhile.
                  89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                  I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

nice engine bay. what are you using for engine management?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                      nice engine bay. what are you using for engine management?
                      Mspnp2
                      325IX Build Thread
                      RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Nice.

Comment

For those of you still following, we're coming up on one year of a running functioning car. So far it's seen just shy of 6000 daily driven miles. I recently had the chance to take it to the drag strip to see what it ran, but lets step back and see whats been done first.

When the car was purchased it included a new rear belt but I never knew how to get the parcel shelf off to replace it. Finally pulled up a youtube video and did this.

I figured while it was out, it wouldnt be a bad idea to throw some paint on this guy. Paint seems like an acceptable method for this since it doesnt see much touch.

And heres the before and after in the car

Then I thought to myself...you know this carpet really looks like crap. I dont have time to replace it right now, and I dont even want to know what lurks beneath...so lets worry about that later. Amazon had front E82 mats for $55, cant beat that!

325IX Build Thread
                          RX7 Build Thread

Comment

And then, I got tired of leaning my phone up in the dash pocket to follow GPS directions so I picked up a Pioneer AVH-3300NEX. This is the only Android Auto/ACP single DIN on the market right now. The only downside is the screen hits the wiper stalk so I leave it up all the time. I may cut down the stalk in the future since I dont use the wipers much anyway.

I also found some sound deadening or something at the junkyard in a E34 behind the kick panel. I was searching for speakers and found this instead. It took some cutting to get to fit, and its not pretty but you cant see it and it definitely made a difference. Well worth the effort.

Lastly, I picked up some tweeter pods from the junkers but neither one worked so after a quick trip to the local audio store I ended up with some Alpine 1" tweeters. Here is the write up for that: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4914144

And nearly 2 years later, I finally got the IS spoiler painted and installed.

So finally, after all that about a week ago I got a chance to take it to the dragstrip and it ran a 13.6 @ 105. It's got a bit more in it if I were to launch it harder. Its a 2.2 60' and I am not risking blowing the diff!

Last edited by driftxsequence; 08-06-2018, 08:39 AM.
                            325IX Build Thread
                            RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Nice.

Can we have more photos of the turbo setup please?

Comment

Working...
                              X