Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Sport Evolution. Passion and restoration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an outstanding build!!! any pics of the alpina and other series you're building???

Comment

Well, now when the engine and gearbox are fitted, I opened the box, where was a new propshaft. Much better than renovated. Sport Evo´s shaft is different than other M3´s.

[IMG][/IMG]

Of course, new bolts and nuts.

[IMG][/IMG]

...and installed it in place

[IMG][/IMG]

Heat shields yet in place. Front shield is different between Sport Evo vs. normal M3 and Sport Evo´s shield has been many years NLA. Fortunately, I bought that shield a long time ago.

[IMG][/IMG]

There sits, both of.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also fitted this one.

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by MukeM3; 01-27-2019, 12:47 AM.
      M3 Sport Evolution 1990
      M3 215hp 1990
      318i 1988

My restoration project: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=399373

Comment

Then I took a new exhaust system and noticed a small problem. I had two new rear mufflers, but I could not decide which to install. The first has a few scratches more than the other.

[IMG][/IMG]

New gaskets.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Successful installation.

[IMG][/IMG]

Even rear muffler.

[IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by MukeM3; 01-27-2019, 12:48 AM.
        M3 Sport Evolution 1990
        M3 215hp 1990
        318i 1988

Comment

I would hate to think of lack of budget involved in this build. After you finish the car do you think you be able to stomach driving it? Crazy it's like BMW Classic warehouse is at your parts disposal.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Amazing progress!

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              After you finish the car do you think you be able to stomach driving it?
              This is a good question, which I don´t know the answer myself.
              Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
              Amazing progress!
              Thank´s

Well, the construction has progressed little while. I put a new oil cooler, pipes and mountings. Installation of groundcable I got to wear more than half an hour that I got it from fitting properly. But I love those little details :D

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also those became a new:

[IMG][/IMG]

The original afm was so corroded that I bought a new one. Also new Motronic unit became and I got it already full of greasy fingerprints

[IMG][/IMG]

New afm and a new air filter housing together.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by MukeM3; 01-27-2019, 12:48 AM.
              M3 Sport Evolution 1990
              M3 215hp 1990
              318i 1988

Comment

$xxx,xxx.00 USD
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Why a new DME? As spare or was faulty the old one (which I doubt?) No doubt your car is getting like new pretty much.
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                    Why a new DME? As spare or was faulty the old one (which I doubt?) No doubt your car is getting like new pretty much.
                    Inside the old DME is somekind of fucking chip. Plain chips can not be bought new, so I bought the whole DME.

Then I lift both front seats in place, installed center console, gear knob and handbrake handle. Interior is now almost complete.

[IMG][/IMG]

Fenders and doors are also arranged in place. Begins to look like a car little bit.

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Last edited by MukeM3; 01-27-2019, 12:49 AM.
                    M3 Sport Evolution 1990
                    M3 215hp 1990
                    318i 1988

Comment

Originally posted by MukeM3 View Post
                      Inside the old DME is somekind of fucking chip. Plain chips can not be bought new, so I bought the whole DME.
                      Oh I see. Keep the ol DME, you maybe are able to repair it if it's a simple chip/component. If it's the main chip faulty, then yes, no replacement unless somone cloned it?

Keep the pics comming! Fantastic work
                      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

The amount of cash in this project has to be an astronomical amount.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                          Oh I see. Keep the ol DME, you maybe are able to repair it if it's a simple chip/component. If it's the main chip faulty, then yes, no replacement unless somone cloned it?
                          Maybe I wrote a little unclear. Old DME is within the custom chip. I don´t know manufacturer. Chip was installed when I bought the car in 2006. So, old DME is not broken, but I don´t like those custom chips, they are just plain shit.
                          M3 Sport Evolution 1990
                          M3 215hp 1990
                          318i 1988

Comment

This is an unbelievably amazing car.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MukeM3 View Post
                              Maybe I wrote a little unclear. Old DME is within the custom chip. I don´t know manufacturer. Chip was installed when I bought the car in 2006. So, old DME is not broken, but I don´t like those custom chips, they are just plain shit.
                              With the right software/hardware, one should be able to clone the original chip onto the "tuner" chip in the old DME, and then youll have a spare
                              My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

just wow! by far the sickest build i've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X