One more couldn't hurt... 12/1989 Brilliantrot 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more couldn't hurt... 12/1989 Brilliantrot 325is

I haven't mentioned this car yet, so I figured making a thread dedicated to it wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I've been chasing this car since my junior year in high school. This belonged to my grandma's neighbor, who owned the car for almost 20 years. It was parked on the street for a long time and wasn't used much - I think it was mostly for when family and friends came to town, since it's automatic (a problem I will be rectifying shortly). He put roughly 15k miles on the car in that time...

Coincidentally, the previous owner (like I) owns quite a few of these damn things and this one was the least used out of them all. He's been a parts customer of mine over the years and I would nag him about selling me the car from time to time, to which he would usually reply "not yet, but I'll call you when I do."

Fast forward to three weeks ago. I'm up late browsing CL one night, and there's the damn car. He'd just posted it. Sent an email (it was pretty late) and got no response by morning time. Damn. Afternoon rolls around and I decided to call. He answered and told me to just come pick it up so he didn't have to deal with CL time wasters.

Long story short, I now own it. It's a very high option 1990 325is automatic, heated seats, maplight mirror. Paint is in meh shape (and someone hit the fender and took off shortly before I bought it -_-), despite what a light polish might make it look like. A friend of mine owes me a few favors and will be doing a full respray on it, come spring time.

(don't mind the garbage in the background...318is that I need to sell, my track car that I'm installing E30 M3 suspension on soon and my lady's car, among a bunch of other crap not worth mentioning)

Leaving this one pretty stock, aside from H&R Sport/Bilsteins and a set of euroweaves...oh, and the aforementioned manual swap. Lots of typical aesthetic mods coming (is lip, is skirts, euro grills and plate filler, shadowline trim, etc).

First thing I did to it tonight was take off the front plate (yuck) and get rid of those pesky sealed beam things and install a nice set of ellipsoids from one of my parts cars.

Ahhh. That's better.

Interior is tan sport. Passenger seat is fucked and the driver's isn't bad, save for the upper bolster. Halfway tempted to leave it, since it's everything else is pretty nice, and I've done black interior in literally every other car I've done, so...

More pics to come later.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

A red blank canvas was what I wanted in Highschool when actively looking for E30's.
    Congrats man!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      A red blank canvas was what I wanted in Highschool when actively looking for E30's.
      Congrats man!
      Thanks! On the fence what I'll end up doing with it (keep, sell, another engine swap, etc). I'll have it for a little while, regardless.

Comment

Wow, cool build thread.
        Wait, it's auto.
        Ok bye.
        1990 Alpine 325is
        1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by BECKSTER View Post
          Wow, cool build thread.
          Wait, it's auto.
          Ok bye.
          At least my hood hinge isn't held on with zip ties :)

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            At least my hood hinge isn't held on with zip ties :)

Don't judge my style.
            1990 Alpine 325is
            1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

excellent

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Leaving this one pretty stock, aside from H&R Sport/Bilsteins and a set of euroweaves...oh, and the aforementioned manual swap. Lots of typical aesthetic mods coming (is lip, is skirts, euro grills and plate filler, shadowline trim, etc).
                Ah yes, the almost kinda may not do too much dicking around this one.. just maybe.

It is tough to leave a car alone. Always something to tinker with, improve or change...
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                  Ah yes, the almost kinda may not do too much dicking around this one.. just maybe.

It is tough to leave a car alone. Always something to tinker with, improve or change...
                  I've said that about almost every other E30 I've owned. For whatever reason, I really enjoy driving this car in stock form, so maybe I'll actually stick to it. Really just want to make it better than it was!

I have a turbo M30B34 that I'm getting very anxious to stuff in something. I'm holding out for a nice Schwarz early model, but I never know how I'll feel tomorrow, or the next day...

Comment

Nice, man! Glad you finally got it.

Comment

Nice! Always a blessing to know the history of the car.

And whats this about the 318iS your selling ;D ;D
                      sigpic
                      Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                      88 Alpine 325i
                      1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Working...
                      X