No announcement yet.

91 325i S52 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the process of tearing down the S52 now. Sending the cylinder head to AutoHead Performance to rebuild the cylinder head and VANOS. Doesn't really need it but I figure I might as well while its out. As long as the cylinder bores and rings look good I'll probably leave the bottom end alone. My last S52 had 260k miles on it and was still going strong when I sold it, so I know the bottom end is stout.

While everything is torn down I am going to take the time to clean, paint and refresh everything to the best of my abilities.

Comment

Complete upper and lower engine gasket kit, head bolts, rear subframe toe and camber correction kits, complete 80a polyurethane bushing kit and red front strut brace ordered! We're getting close to the fun part!
      Last edited by Bimmerguy91; 05-18-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Some goodies from Garagistic came in last night!

Untitled by Austin Graner, on Flickr

Comment

Nice! Seats look great. Did you have them re-upholstered somewhere or bought them like that? All red tail lights came out nicely as well, I'm a big of that look and the clear always lays down so nicely.

Whats in the bag under all the bushings in the garagistic order?
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
            Nice! Seats look great. Did you have them re-upholstered somewhere or bought them like that? All red tail lights came out nicely as well, I'm a big of that look and the clear always lays down so nicely.

Whats in the bag under all the bushings in the garagistic order?
            Thanks! I purchased the seats like this so I don't know who upholstered them but they are definitely reupholstered. They are pretty nice I would say 9/10. A couple of nitpick things I don't like about how they did them.

I think the all red looks really nice and is how the cars should have come.

The bag under the bushings is a set of camber and toe adjustment brackets and eccentric bolts for the rear subframe. I figured while I have it out I might as well. Sucks having no rear alignment adjustments from the factory.

Comment

Garagistic strut bar installed! I know this probably makes a minimal difference in rigidity but I will take whatever I can get. Plus it looks sweet!

Comment

Back from my 10 day road trip through the Midwest. Stopped for a couple days in Louisville, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago and Milwaukee. Had a great time and saw a lot of cool stuff. Glad to be back home though.

I've got the engine stripped down to a long block. Later this week we're gonna finish pulling the head so we can send it off to get rebuilt along with the VANOS rebuild and upgrade.

Comment

Took the wheels off and gave them a good bath. While they were off I decided to clean up the undercarriage and wheel wells a little bit. You would not believe how much dirt and grime came off! Looks a lot better now.

I scored a 3.15 Torsen from my buddy Agent! I leave for a cruise on Saturday but when I get back next Friday I am going to begin pulling the rear subframe and rebuilding everything. Paint, bushings, new axles, 3.15 torsen, all new brakes, etc.

Comment

What wheels are you running

Comment

They are the old style ESM 002 (4x100 specific instead of multi lug BS) 16x7.5 +20 and 16x9 +20 with 57.1 mm centerbore. Tires are 225/45/16 Nexen N3000 (I didn't put them on there lol). I'll sell them to you if you're interested.

Comment

Maybe I bought a single new euroweave in nogaro to check figment with the rx7 brakes. I fit the trm wheels with a 5mm spacer so prob able to do the same with any et20 wheel. I'll let you know

Comment

subscribed.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                            I picked up a set of clean unmolested OEM tail lights to replace my shitty smoked cracking tail lights. I took the bulb covers off the back and noticed they were extremely dirty so they got a bubble bath and a good scrubbing down.

Much better now:

I then wetsanded the light, masked off the reverse light and sprayed it with red VHT tint to get rid of the amber corners. Here they are:

I am going to wet sand them and clear coat them tonight. Once that all cures I will wet sand the clear and polish them to a mirror finish.
                            Can you do that to mine!! That is the exact look I want.
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by shootnjunky View Post
                              Maybe I bought a single new euroweave in nogaro to check figment with the rx7 brakes. I fit the trm wheels with a 5mm spacer so prob able to do the same with any et20 wheel. I'll let you know
                              the 16x7.5 +20 ESM 002 was confirmed to fit with RX7 brakes using a 3mm spacer a long time ago ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                                Can you do that to mine!! That is the exact look I want.
                                I may have an extra set that I can do for you. Let me look. I'd be more than happy to make up a set for you though.

Comment

Working...
                                X