Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWDBOB
    replied
    I love this car, and am happy to see that you’re getting to enjoy it!

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
    Glad the injectors from the old turbo setup get to live on in my machine, I can only hope mine cleans up as nice one day!

This thing is sweet
    sounds like we both win in this situation - i hope you enjoy them!

Leave a comment:

• zwill23
    replied
    Glad the injectors from the old turbo setup get to live on in my machine, I can only hope mine cleans up as nice one day!

This thing is sweet

Leave a comment:

• 968Reckless
    replied
    man that car cleaned up good!

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    not a whole lot to update here, so i'll let the pictures do the talking.

a good friend and i installed the Spax suspension kit, late last year - he was the driving force behind getting it on the car (i've owned the parts almost as long as the car )

after many, many months of looking, i scored a NOS e28 m5 intake silencer box, likely one of the last in the world. felt very fortunate that i stumbled across it, it certainly makes the engine bay look that much nicer.

i also stumbled upon some pictures of the car, about ~5 years before my purchase. hard to believe how far the car has come since that time. wow.

aside from that, it goes through a lot of non-ethanol 92 octane and i cannot complain. it makes some of the most beautiful noises in the world. it's hard not to fall in love with the car, a little more, each time i drive it.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

We are doing a hiking trip all over Oregon! The lady has never been - my brother and sis are also out here with us (my Sister has spent the last ten summers in Govy). I will have some time to kill on Saturday afternoon by PDX before our flight departs. If you’ll be around I could drop by!
    Oh, that's rad! Hope you guys had a nice time.

That works well! I am not far from the airport - about 10 minutes down the road. Would love to meet you!

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by e30austin View Post

Yup, I passed him coming down Hwy 35. It looked pretty nice. I saw the cabrio, too. Had no idea you were in town - you should have said something! Would be great to meet up.
    We are doing a hiking trip all over Oregon! The lady has never been- my brother and sis are also out here with us (my Sister has spent the last ten summers in Govy). I will have some time to kill on Saturday afternoon by PDX before our flight departs. If you’ll be around I could drop by!

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    How funny. There was a beautiful R107 cruising behind you. I saw a minty zinno late Vert 3mins before I saw you by Ramona.

The car looked great, man!
    Yup, I passed him coming down Hwy 35. It looked pretty nice. I saw the cabrio, too. Had no idea you were in town - you should have said something! Would be great to meet up.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    Ha!! That was I. Took the lady and doggos for a long drive.
    How funny. There was a beautiful R107 cruising behind you. I saw a minty zinno late Vert 3mins before I saw you by Ramona.

The car looked great, man!

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Ha!! That was I. Took the lady and doggos for a long drive.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Were you by chance cruising on 26 by Hood today? I saw a green E28M5 and thought it had to be you.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    I think it's time to find some proper stock M5 wheels. Those are too big on the car. :)

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Thanks all. Been really enjoying driving it everywhere I can this week. No plans for euro bumpers - to do the conversion properly is a lot of work and I cannot see doing it to a green car...and if I'm going to the effort of repainting it black, the diving boards are 100% staying.

John, I totally agree with you and it 100% soured what little interest I had in forced induction. Too bad, but it is what it is. The green is actually growing on me too, lol.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Sad to see the turbo kit go, but OTOH it's nice to be able to enjoy the car now.

All too often I hear horror stories about "tuners" that ruin the taste in people's mouths about boost. A competent tuner should be able to drive a running car on a dyno and be done in a couple/few hours. On the flip side of the coin, have had cars come in the shop that "just needs a tune to get running" and ended up costing thousands fixing other shops lack of abilities.

Such a cool car! I actually kinda like the color too - have a soft spot for green for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    I am glad to hear you finally got to drive it. Perfect weather for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X