Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmwdayz
    replied
    Amazing find! I'd keep the turbo on that s38 and I'm not that into turbo cars but having a Dinan turbo kit is pretty damn cool.

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    I like the color. If it were mine, I'd keep it.

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    Amazing car! I actually like the color, have fun with it

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    Wow, awesome find. I say leave it turbo. An S38 turbo setup would be an amazing thing to drive. Perhaps not the most fuel efficient one, but hard to say.

Again, awesome find.

Will
    LOL, definitely not the most fuel efficient thing around, unfortunately. Sure is fun rolling up on people, cracking the throttle and letting the blow off valve go off. They certainly never expect it to be the shitty looking green BMW next to them... :)

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Haven't had time to do much with it lately. Changed the wheels out for something that doesn't suck ass. I wasn't 100% sold on the color initially, but it isn't a terrible combination. Next up will be dealing with the welded up spoiler holes so I can install my nice E28 trunk spoiler.

Taking it to a show next weekend, but I think that will probably be the last drive of the year for this thing. Going to tackle the timing chain guides before I drive it a whole lot more. I'm not necessarily a daring man anymore.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Wow, awesome find. I say leave it turbo. An S38 turbo setup would be an amazing thing to drive. Perhaps not the most fuel efficient one, but hard to say.

Again, awesome find.

Will

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    Subscribed.

Leave a comment:

• TimKninja
    replied
    Needs better wheels and the proper M5 spoiler , and that green would look fantastic .

So cool you were able to get it running with not a lot of work. I'm super jealous .

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    So very nice!

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Shitty pictures are shitty. Really only making this post to have some documentation for myself of where we were at the beginning. Interior is overall very nice, save for one crack in the dashboard, though it is pretty dirty at the moment. Need to figure out something for the crank case breather and then start trying to tidy up the engine bay.

Leave a comment:

• willworkfore30s
    replied
    I thought I read in here that you were looking for some covers for your M-systems.

^not mine. Just saw it a few threads down.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    When are you going to tear into it and document? I cannot believe you found that. Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• dereliiict
    replied
    I'll have to stop by and see this beauty.

I showed up late to 5er and only glimpsed you cheesing hard, but leaving. Great find man.

Leave a comment:

• downforce22
    replied
    Great to hear, post more pictures please. The BOV you have is the TurboXS Type H 'RFL' which stands for 'real f*#%in' loud' with the little horn. I am running the TurboXS Type H (no horn and multiple outlet ports) and it makes good noise without being too loud. Here is a picture of mine. Hard to find the style these days, but it gives a nice whoosh noise without being too loud.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    it starts boosting and will burn the tires in all five gears.

The video is not loading for some reason ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X