No announcement yet.

Calypso....again ***PHOTOS ADDED***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will probably pony up for GC plates cause you're right. You get what you pay for. I'll have to look into the e46 rsms. I don't know anything about those.

I'm leaning towards IE based on looking at other people's cars on these forums, price, trying something new, and that I'm under the assumption that they go a little lower than H&R race. I realize h&r are spec e30 but I've had h&r on a 95 m3 and i haven't heard bad things about the IE3 race springs. I do love Koni SA though, I know that.

I'll research the rear bar. Maybe that can hold off, especially after bigger sways.
    1990 325i Coupe
    ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

So I haven't posted photos in a little bit and I have made some more progress. Recently I changed the valve cover gasket and cleaned the valve cover. I know I know....I was that guy who stripped the all-thread and had to replace it with new material. I think it looks pretty good in this state, but now I need to clean the intake and remove the yellow residue. I'm holding oil a lot better now, but I did notice last night that I'm leaking a bit out of the oil cap. IS THAT A MERCEDES CAP?!? Regardless, I have a new one on order.

...the other item on order are Fortune Auto 500 coilovers at 8k fronts and 11k rears (450fr/615r). I'm pretty excited about that purchase. In a couple of weeks I'll be ordering TRM C1 15x8 et 20 wheels with new tires. Still trying to decide on tire size, but I'm leaning towards 205/50/15 or 205/55/15.

Parts to order in the near future:
      - wheel studs & locks (garagistic?)
      - "vent channel" that connects to driver side air duct - need to plug the sensor into it. See photo
      - bushings

Last edited by MikeM; 01-23-2018, 05:43 PM.
      1990 325i Coupe
      ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Niceeeeeee love the calypso!

Comment

Friday, 3/2/18:
          I picked my car up from the mechanic where I tried to solve the last of my oil leak issues. This time we found a leak at the cam seal...which equates to a new cam seal, o-rings, timing belt, tensioner, air filter, and a couple more items. I also wanted to fix a power steering leak so I got new hoses there as well.

Saturday 3/3/18:
          Gen 6 Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers arrived!!! 450fr/615r

1990 325i Coupe
          ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

***TEASER***

I took my car off jacks for the first time with new wheels, tires, and coilovers, but I'm rubbing on the struts!! Looking for people's input so I can figure this out ASAP. Thanks r3v

- 15x8 trm c1 et20
            - 205/55/15
            - Ride height hasn't been adjusted (engine is currently being rebuilt so this photo is not a loaded front end, shhh).
            - I haven't touched the camber settings.

1990 325i Coupe
            ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Find out what spacer you need with trial testing.
              Adjust your camber after engine is installed; weight will naturally camber the front.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Alright so last summer I purchased the car with an oil leak. I tiptoed around it for a year trying to get it to stop, until finally realizing it was the head gasket. That said...ENGINE REBUILD. I haven't posted in a while, but its because I've been overhauling it with new wheels, tires, coilovers, and a head rebuild. Of course, the best time to upgrade the engine is while you have the head off. Big complements go to Hal Jones Automotive for the teardown and reinstall. It was a 6-week process. Below are a list of some highlights:

- Head rebuild by Bearing Services.
                - Resurfacing, valve guide cleaning, pressure tested, cleaned up, and cam/valve/spring reinstall
                - All new Ireland Engineering 272* regrind cam, HD Rockers, valve springs, oversized eccentrics, valves
                - Ireland Engineering strut brace
                - Ireland Engineering rear shock mounts
                - Red46 skidplate
                - New radiator
                - New thermostat
                - New timing belt
                - New distributor, rotor, and cap
                - New spark plugs & plug wires
                - Valve Cover & Intake refresh (DIY)
                - Fortune Auto 500 coilovers (DIY)
                - TR Motorsports C1 15x8 with 205/50/15 Yokohama S.Drives (TireRack)
                - Note to anyone reading this: 205/55/15 wheels with 15x8 et20 wheels do not fit on a lowered e30. I had to swap them out through TireRack.
                - BMW wheel roundels (CaTuned)
                - New brake sensors

I'm probably missing some, but below are some photos:

Last edited by MikeM; 05-30-2018, 01:55 PM.
                1990 325i Coupe
                ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

1990 325i Coupe
                  ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

1990 325i Coupe
                    ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

How come you drilled holes for plug welds but didn't weld them?

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

They came with the holes. I didn't put those there..and by the time we were done with the bottom welds, it wasn't going anywhere.
                        1990 325i Coupe
                        ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

I don't see why you wouldn't, added strength is never a bad thing

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Great update
                            Nicely done

Let us know how you like that motor.. are you doing an Sssquid chip?
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                            X