Advise on updating 1987 320i coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise on updating 1987 320i coupe

Found this 1987 320i coupe for cheap planning on buying it in a couple days.

Appreciate any forum advise on what to update on the car

Thank you all.
    Attached Files

Why update it? It looks great now. Do you mean mechanically?

If that's the case, start with a timing belt and water pump, change all fluids, check suspension bushings, consider an E36 steering rack, and read up on what type of suspension you might want. Check the brakes, as well, just to make sure they're in good shape.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Would like to update engine and suspension and put on a set of oem wheels.

Here are pictures of the interior.
      Attached Files

Comment

That engine is limited by it's stroke and bore, but has the "731" head that was never offered in the states. The easiest thing would be to find a good 2.7L eta engine to swap that head onto, along with a 325i intake, tb, motronic 1.3 fuel injection, and 325i exhaust. I think that head will have the good cam in it but if not I'd use a 325i camshaft.

I'd install a 325i radiator also.
        My Feedback

Comment

remove rear plate filler, and carbboard floor mats

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Those front seats are probably worthless. Should definitely sell them to me! Haha
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
            X