A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Small left hand drill bit, as you drill it will come right out. I think you should find stronger hardware/ heat treated.
    & buy a rethread kit as sometimes dirt and rust can cause these things even if thread is good as preventative. It’s a must do for my line of work now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Can't you drill that out? The reverse bit?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

So far, soooo good 👌
        Transaction Feedback
        Various E30 Parts for Sale!
        Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
        -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
        -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

I dont think I have any left-hand drill bits... that could work though
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I dont think I have any left-hand drill bits... that could work though
            they are pretty cheap. You'll want a tap to start the hole, drill with a regular and then get the reverse drill and pull that sucker out!

Comment

Ive been drilling that sucker already. I have an extractor that has failed and the dremel didnt help the situation either.

shes taken some drilling already and it shows lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Ive been drilling that sucker already. I have an extractor that has failed and the dremel didnt help the situation either.

shes taken some drilling already and it shows lol
                I know your pain. I had to drill out like 5 bolts on my water pump for the Audi. That sucked.

Comment

Totally get the left hand drill bits and automatic center punch.

These are great....

Drill Hog is proud to release the newest technology in left hand drill bits. Left hand drills are used to remove broken bolts, screws, and studs just like an easy out. Drill Hog® 13 Pc Left Hand Drill Bit Set Titanium M2.

Comment

Im guessing this isnt something I should buy from Harbor Freight? I will have some time after work today so it needs to be something I can go buy after work
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Im guessing this isnt something I should buy from Harbor Freight? I will have some time after work today so it needs to be something I can go buy after work
                      As far as I'm concerned they have all you need.

Comment

I am not opposed to HF, maybe they have LH bits idk? I don't usually see them in HD or hardware stores...

I still support just ordering those ones in the link, super sharp, warranty, made in USA.
                        Worth the $20 just to have in the tool box for future use...

Comment

Originally posted by tim88325is View Post
                          I am not opposed to HF, maybe they have LH bits idk? I don't usually see them in HD or hardware stores...

I still support just ordering those ones in the link, super sharp, warranty, made in USA.
                          Worth the $20 just to have in the tool box for future use...
                          True, but I have such limited time that unless they have free drone to my door shipping- same day then its not worth it... though I should get a set for the took box, people told me to do the same with the extractors and they have been useless...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

yeah extractors I have found to be useless but LH bits are awesome, imho

extractors push the material out in a radial direction, jamming the threads tighter.

LH bits remove material along the axial direction, allowing for the threads to collapse inward and release....

Comment

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Drilled through the sucker and was able to rotate it out!

Swaybar all buttoned up with the new Grade8 bolts

Looks like I will make it to the Petersen event on Sunday. I was previously registered through Hagerty and wasnt sure Id make it, but its looking good now. I'll probably drive it to work on Friday just to get it on the road a little before.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Yes! That's great news man! Bet that's a relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X