Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Originally posted by varg View Post
    Those are respectable flow numbers, and that U20 already made respectable power for a 2L I4 from the 60s.

It’s almost done with the port work and a custom cam. Intake side was left alone, but the exhaust side is getting worked over. I’ll have some after numbers... and eventually some dyno numbers [emoji848]
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Finally done with school so I’ve been able to spend more time in the garage. Got more paint on, but masking the brake lines with foil was a pain. Did a pretty good job overall and I’m happy to be done with this

And all done

I’m working on another project that is getting close to completion, I’ll share it all when I’m done. Getting excited for the summer
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

That turned out great.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Agreed, really solid. Engine bay looks as new.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
            That turned out great.
            Originally posted by e30RS View Post
            Agreed, really solid. Engine bay looks as new.
            Thanks everyone, I borrowed my friends go-pro and Im trying something out. This pic was mixed in with a few videos. Never really done any editing, but I have some ideas on what Id like it to end up with. We'll see if it works out, but for now enjoy this mug shot haha

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah man, foil for wrapping engine stuff during paint is the way to go!
              I do things.

Comment

Great work Simon!
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Wow looks really good. Keep it up.

Comment

Looking back at the videos of the side project, its not going to be the way I pictured. I dont really have the right editing software, so if someone has a good, free one LMK

Today I had some time to play around and I had to take this box downstairs because I heard there may be a fitment issue.

I had some initial issues, but removing the lower scoop gave me the extra little bit of space. The pass side holes lined up, but the driverside one didnt. No problem, just a pair of easy holes to drill.

Its pretty close to the steering box, but I think when its bolted up there will be plenty of space

And for a totally random and exciting moment, I emailed BRE asking about some stickers I want to get and this was the reply I got...

Originally posted by BRE-reply
                    Hi Simon….Here’s my advice. As much as you may admire what we did some 50 years ago with Datsun roadsters the car you own today in original form should be kept as-is in its clean natural state. Don’t clutter it up with our decal package as they won’t fit with your existing stock trim… and to remove all that to make it “racy” would seriously devalue your car. Do you know how hard it is to find a nice clean stock Datsun roadster? They get rarer by the day so clean and preserve everything “as-is” and sit back and enjoy what you have….Peter Brock
                    OH.MY.GOD.

also: what do I do now!? haha
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Time to email Adam Carolla and get his take on it. ;)

Also, that is pretty cool that Peter Brock responds to emails.

Comment

LOL! don't remove everything and make it "racy" bro. hahaha!

Comment

And for a totally random and exciting moment, I emailed BRE asking about some stickers I want to get and this was the reply I got...

OH.MY.GOD.

I think he's right, but do what makes you happy.
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            I think he's right, but do what makes you happy.
                            Im trying to keep it on the tough area where its not a 100% race car, but its track capable too. My plan is to be able to drive it to the track and back for as long as possible, or as long as I feel like doing it. I dont have the space/ desire nor the vehicles available to tow this car to the track so its a bit of a compromised car.

The R888 tires and some of the safety equipment will be the main compromises as I dont plan on doing a full on crazy roll cage or anything like that, but I still want it to be safe. I have some ideas about how to get this done.

My main plan with the car is to be able to drive it as much as possible.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

My main plan with the car is to be able to drive it as much as possible.

That's a great plan and what the car was designed for.

My comment was referring to the decal package. I'm all for functional performance improvements, particularly reversible ones.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

A happy car is a driven car. I don't understand the logic of buying a car to park and look at.

Comment

Working...
                                X