No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic work. Once the door caps are done it'll really tie the interior together - not that anyone would complain with what is there now!

With the ventilation system, I presume it's just demist and heat, or are there some hidden under dash vents there somewhere? In Seattle, there wouldn't be much call for AC I'd imagine :)
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
      Fantastic work. Once the door caps are done it'll really tie the interior together - not that anyone would complain with what is there now!

With the ventilation system, I presume it's just demist and heat, or are there some hidden under dash vents there somewhere? In Seattle, there wouldn't be much call for AC I'd imagine :)

Yeah, demist and footwell. Car wasn’t equipped with AC and I’d have probably pulled it even if it was. We don’t have a bunch of need for it, I have a daily with AC if it does get really hot and I enjoy the clutterless bay. It wasn’t equipped with power steering either.

Comment

Nice - considering many of us remove the AC and blank off the power steering anyway, getting a car with neither of those was handy!
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

So, I made this fancy phone mount and Music, Spotify and Pandora don’t support landscape mode. Boooooo

I can understand some separate apps since they’re cross platform, but Music? I figured since it’s native iPhone I’d be ok.
          Last edited by adam.nonis; 02-19-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Oh man, what an annoying problem to get hung up on.

People are chatting about an application called Cesium that apparently works pretty well and supports landscape mode. Maybe that will work out for you!

Sounds like this guy had a similar issue:

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
              Oh man, what an annoying problem to get hung up on.

People are chatting about an application called Cesium that apparently works pretty well and supports landscape mode. Maybe that will work out for you!

Sounds like this guy had a similar issue:

Yup! For Music, it works great.

Comment

Android seems to be more open source. Why are you using Apple?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                  Android seems to be more open source. Why are you using Apple?

I went back and forth a few times early on in the smartphone development and my Apple stuff just always worked. I had Android phones that would freeze and crash. Maybe the iPhones didn’t have all the bells and whistles, but they just worked. This is the only thing I’ve come across that was really any sort of bother. I know plenty of people have Android phones and swear by them. Since we decided to switch to Apple exclusively everything at the house is Apple and all works together. Four phones, three watches, WiFi and streaming. This is a minor thing really.

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                    I went back and forth a few times early on in the smartphone development and my Apple stuff just always worked. I had Android phones that would freeze and crash. Maybe the iPhones didn’t have all the bells and whistles, but they just worked. This is the only thing I’ve come across that was really any sort of bother. I know plenty of people have Android phones and swear by them. Since we decided to switch to Apple exclusively everything at the house is Apple and all works together. Four phones, three watches, WiFi and streaming. This is a minor thing really.
                    I switched from iPhone 7s to a Google Pixel. There are pros and cons to each really. I agree iPhone and apple generally work without issue. I only said Android because you could literally program what you need it for.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I bought a Nexus7 to use as a head unit once. The developer stuff that’s out there is pretty awesome.

Comment

Adam -

This project for a "guillotine" intake on an Alfa 1750 GTAm monosleeve block reminded me of some of the intake development work you did. It's essentially a sliding plate throttle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20171221-WA0016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	7200810

Name:	IMG-20171221-WA0018.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	7200811

Name:	IMG-20171221-WA0023.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	7200812

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                          Adam -

This project for a "guillotine" intake on an Alfa 1750 GTAm monosleeve block reminded me of some of the intake development work you did. It's essentially a sliding plate throttle.

That’s pretty bad ass. I always wanted to design a rotating “camera shutter” (aperture) style opening throttle body. That would flow pretty well I’d think.
                          Last edited by adam.nonis; 02-20-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Build note: you BMW regulars probably already knew this, but only the gauge numbers are backlit. The needles use the front lighting that comes from about the row of idiot lights. I relocated my idiot lights to the center stack since I needed to shave back the cluster depth. I had turned the lights on to make sure I could see the illumination, but I hadn’t driven it in the dark before yesterday morning. I’m on the way to work and look at the gauges to realize I can see all the numbers, but not what speed I’m going or how much gas I’ve got or anything. Hahahahahaaaaa! I’m in the process of making a new bezel to clean up the cut edges, so I’ll try and integrate some lighting there. I just need it to not be SUPER bright. Maybe red LEDs shining through tinted acrylic or something.

Comment

I know I have seen LED needle kits out there before. Why not go with something like that instead? This is a bad example but maybe point you in the right direction.

Welcome to Visual-Performance auto styling. We have a great selection of speedo dial kits, gauges, switches, lights,at great prices.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                                ...point you in the right direction.
                                har har

Comment

Working...
                                X