On my 4th E30 and not sure what to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my 4th E30 and not sure what to do.

I just recently acquired my newest E30. A original Hellrot and black interior 5 speed ETA. Being my 3rd manual out of 1 automatic. Im kind of lost on what to do again. It needs a new motor but im scared of other shit constantly breaking. It has 155k miles on her. I also have a project IS300 track car. I think I just have too many projects. I joined a few years ago but forgot my login so here I am again. Hope to meet and resource with a lot of you. Cheers
    Attached Files

what's wrong with the motor?
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Miles mean precisely zero on a 30yr old car.

Comment

Welcome back, simply start off with maintenance... drive it and enjoy it. Later on you may choose a direction for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        E30 325ic - Project
        F30 328i - Daily
        E38 740i Sport - SOLD
        E92 335xi - SOLD
        E60 525xi - SOLD
        E46 330ci - SOLD
        E30 325ic - SOLD
        E30 318is - SOLD

Comment

Welcome! Since this is your 4th e30, if you've done work on the previous 3 and didn't just pay a shop to maintain it then you shouldn't be scared of it :) As you hopefully know these cars are damn easy to work on.

Start with the maintenance items, replace the things that should have been replaced years ago, hoses, belts, gaskets, suspension stuff, especially if the car was neglected.

Bring the car back to where it is mechanically at a good foundation and then you'll figure out where to go with it next.

my 2 cents.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm local enough to have seen this ad floating around CL for a few days, contacted seller briefly with vague interest and from what I gathered the timing belt snapped during operation, and he had no idea the extent of the damage.

Probably should check out realoem.com diagrams to familiarize yourself with everything, its not that complicated, but you're looking at digging into that engine to some extent.. hell, pull the head off and see what your looking at. Dont be surprised to discover valve damage.

How's the rust anyway?

Comment

Working...
            X