No announcement yet.

Lacey, the Lachssilber 325iS - oem+ 5spd. swap daily driver build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I found a little coolant in my oil and my engine burned oil anyway annnd I money shifted my other daily drivers transmission so what better time to rebuild my head?

Bought head, tore apart said head. Decked and had new guides pressed in.

Then I reassembled the head. I used a new oem cam, and hd rockers. The rest I had laying around and the eccentrics on my old head had maybe 5k miles on them. I got the head hot tanked and I "polished" the valves, all the bearing surfaces and cam.

Then assembled the rest, and for those of you who are tired of seeing Jordan's immaculate work, here's my ping pong table work area

On to the surgery recipient

pulled

Inspected cylinders, not bad

cleaned / sanded flat

Install new head (with bruner, thank you). I used ARP head studs cause boosting is now seeming like a fun idea

Admire my work with crappy cell pics (I installed the eccentrics later on)

Buttoned everything back up :)

I also swapped out for 5.0 injectors. I should be getting my miller maf kit any day now

And from there the last thing to do was haul around town without my full exhaust and no hood... to umm break in the new motor... for science... ok i did it for fun lol. I broke quite a few necks at our local safeway Side note, I want an exhaust now hah.

Hopefully I'll get to the hood and exhaust tomorrow. Possibly Thursday. It's a stock motor essentially just beefed up so I cant say I feel all that much of a difference other than the peace of mind that I wont break a rocker or lift the head when I boost. I guess the injectors feel better. I also have a new o2 sensor I'm going to install when I put the exhaust on so that should net some overall performance gains. Next on the list is oil pan gasket and maf kit. Then I'm on to the subframe bushings when I have time before the picnic.

Here's a list of parts for documentation purposes (most likely forgetting some stuff)
    - all new gaskets throughout head
    - new valve seals
    - new oe guides
    - hd rockers
    - arp studs
    - new stock cam
    - 19lb injectors
    - oil change
    - tbelt, tensioner, waterpump
    - o2 sensor
    - nissen manual radiator
    - spark plugs
    - rotor / cap
    Last edited by vtechnik; 03-06-2019, 01:01 AM.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

No shout-out? I’m bummed. So you’re putting Ford parts on Lacey now eh? I knew you’d come around ;) you better road trip her up here soon breh

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
      90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
      87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
      90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
      87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
      71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Will do holmes and thank you lol

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Nice work! I bet it's great to have it basically back on the road. Hope to see you this Spring out at a Dicks' Burget meet.
          1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
          SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
          Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

I put Mercury Contour injectors in my BMW. Matters less which car they came from, because they are still Bosch, 4 pintle, 3.0 bar and more new. Great work. Those head bolts are pretty cool.

Comment

when that beast is back together we need to go on that ride you set up last year!!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              '90 325i sedan daily driven
              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Thank you all! I will definitely be going to the dicks burger meets and i still feel really bad about the cruise falling through last year. Hopefully this year ill be a little more coordinated lol.

I put the hood and exhaust back on plus I replaced the O2 sensor. I also got around to doing a car wash. I took the same exact photos as when i got her a year ago. Its cool to see the subtle changes i made but It's also definitely time for plastic bumpers.

I also saw this in my neighborhood after cleaning the car up. Much want.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Nice work so far!

I've got a similarly set up lachsilber 4 door that I'll probably do a thread on as soon as I refinish my wheels. I also have Miller MAF but haven't been able to get the software to work yet so I'm interested to see how it goes for you and might need some tips if you get yours working.

Comment

e28s are good
                    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by Ausatz View Post
                      Nice work so far!

I've got a similarly set up lachsilber 4 door that I'll probably do a thread on as soon as I refinish my wheels. I also have Miller MAF but haven't been able to get the software to work yet so I'm interested to see how it goes for you and might need some tips if you get yours working.
                      If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take for yours to ship? I ordered mine halfway through last month and ive still yet to see any tracking updates. I contacted miller twice and they finally responded with a tracking number but its been 4 days since and the tracking number still says "shipping label created". Very frustrating... sooo so far not impressed lol? Maybe im being harsh, im just tired of my e30 running rich.

Also, yes e28s are very good.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Awesome build. Great rim choice.

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
                          If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take for yours to ship?
                          Well, I got mine secondhand and I get an error message every time my computer tries to connect to the chip.. So, yea I've tried contacting Brody as well, but haven't gotten far. I hope to pursue it more this year.

I just want to be able to blip my throttle without the m20 coughing.. One day... one day

Comment

Ahh ok. Yeah ill post my steps when i recieve it. Thanks e30rs.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Looking good dude! Excited to see how you like the Miller MAF stuff.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                Looking good dude! Excited to see how you like the Miller MAF stuff.
                                Thanks man. Yeah me too, I'm starting to think I should've just canceled my order and bought a pnp megasquirt setup instead. Fingers crossed this product is quality lol.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Working...
                                X