325e exhaust system and coil over recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e exhaust system and coil over recommendations

Hey guys I got a 1987 325. The entire exhaust system is rotten so I'm looking to replace it! I wanted to pick up the stromung exhaust for it but I noticed they only make the system for 325i/x and 318i/is. Anyone have recommendations? I like thr twin pipe E30 m3 look.

Also, I participated in the Apex racing group buy for their 17x8 wheels! I'm looking to get coil overs in perperation for them. I'm going to be daily driving but also taking the car to the track on the weekends. Anyone recommend a good coil over that'll satisfy my needs? I hear bc racing and CA tuned is good but I just wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks guys!

Go find a used 325i/iS factory cat/mid section exhaust, and then you won't have any issue bolting up a Stromung or any other 325i muffler that uses the factory mounting setup.
    Eric Giles
    '20 M2 CS
    '04 M3
    '11 X5 35D
    '87 325is
    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

New cat sections and rear muffler is still available new. They aren't overly expensive, either.

Last I looked new cat section was about $600ish and rear muffler for ~$200ish. You can skip the mid/cat section and have a local muffler shop straight pipe the rear section in, just be weary of local state laws regarding cats and exhaust.

Also, the early eta exhaust manifolds were smaller in diameter to the later 325iS stuff.

Not many people know, the eta cams actually have more lift and slightly less duration than the "iS". They can be woken up quite easily if you install the proper items....
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Love this forum! Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'm gonna do a 325i exhaust system swap!

Comment

[QUOTE=Not many people know, the eta cams actually have more lift and slightly less duration than the "iS". They can be woken up quite easily if you install the proper items....[/QUOTE]

????? Do you mind sharing, said proper items?

JP
          1984 533i
          1984 733i
          1985 325e
          1998 M3
          1998 318ti
          2008 335i

Comment

I had a chip and full 325i exhaust on mine which woke it up a bit. I think that's really all that's worth doing as far as bolt-ons.
            My Feedback

Comment

I just did the same thing for my ES so I could pass smog in California. The whole system bolts right up. Only difference is the 02 sensor socket is higher up on the down pipe.

Comment

Working...
              X