No announcement yet.

This little garage in FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd imagine an intake plenum like that would help with fitment issues when doing the S54 swap, right? The stock plenum is enormous.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      I'd imagine an intake plenum like that would help with fitment issues when doing the S54 swap, right? The stock plenum is enormous.

Pretty sure a stock booster would have been fine, but the 944 unit was already installed, and we were going to modify the stocker when he purchased the aluminum one. The intake was about 800 clams from what he said.

Goes like stink, though...

john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

"m52b32" lol. Took an m52, bored it to 86.5 and poked in a 89.6mm crank. Added 11:1 pistons, Ferrea racing valves (+1 intake), Supertech dual valve springs, flowed a valve job on the bench to suit. Parts were balanced to +/-.5gm. It's starting out with stock s50 cams for the first dyno, then moving on to something aftermarket (TBD). Ignore the pic quality, taken with iPotato 2...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181115_175317.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	7198318

Name:	20181117_162123.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	7198319

Name:	20181117_132207.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	7198320

Name:	20181109_135432.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	7198321

Name:	20181104_150427.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	7198322
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:

Comment

We are fairly humble, but just finished the 14hr of Sebring, and is a great achievement! We finished 3rd out of all BMW's (including e36/46 chassis), top e30 by a nice margin (closest e30 was 37th AOF), 18th of 72 in all classes, 11th of 30 in the 2.41-3.9 L engine size class.

The "Kids Racing For Life" e30 is alive and well, see more here...

john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Was going to update this thread, but all the pics were missing. Replaced with [attachment] unless I hit "edit" then save. So weird.

Anyways, new thread is here....

john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              I'm the lesser good looking guy haha

Happy Thursday!
              well you made two kids so obviously someone doesn't think that :P

gawd those ITB setups are sexy. but you probably remember why i think that. wish i could have put some pretty trumpets on but it was sketch enough sneaking a dBilas setup through CA smog... even castro didn't want to touch that car. it took some dude with a smog shop in the back of a 76 station in riverside who used to have a 2002 and said "this is an M3, right? *wink*nudge*" yes sir it is, and the 2nd time i had to hunt my old stomping grounds in san jose until i found one with a vietnamese dude keeping a chicken coop next to the building who didn't know what he was looking at and still his dyno computer complained that i'd swapped in a 4.10 torsen from a Z3 rather than the factory 4.27 small-case. fuck CARB all the way up the ass.

wish i could find a shop like yours at the opposite corner of CONUS. the service writers up here in PNW start looking nervous when you ask them to put in anything that isn't a factory part, so i still have a my-design simple CAI and one of those body-mounted garagistic shifters sitting in my trunk right now...
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
              X