No announcement yet.

Roundie Revival 2.0 - A 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread in 35mm Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when you started your first roundie revival. I don't think I was a forum member at the time but had it saved on my favorites on my computer. It was sad you had to let that car go and end the build. So I am glad to see you getting another chance. I look forward to seeing what you do this time.

By any chance are you going with a similar wheel setup as the last one? All blacked out with wide lips?
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      I remember when you started your first roundie revival. I don't think I was a forum member at the time but had it saved on my favorites on my computer. It was sad you had to let that car go and end the build. So I am glad to see you getting another chance. I look forward to seeing what you do this time.

By any chance are you going with a similar wheel setup as the last one? All blacked out with wide lips?
      Thanks man. That's awesome you were around for the first one, yeah letting it go sucked.

This build will be a lot more modest than the first one. Solid non-metallic color, stock body, some deleted trim/side markers and some 13x6 BBS Mahles. That's my vision for it. I did love those all black BBS RM's though, they turned out so rad. I still scroll deep into my Instagram archives sometimes just to look at them again from time to time.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
      --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Oh man! What an emotional rollercoaster you put me through
        I've been reading your posts from the first roundie revival and was so impressed with your skills and so sad to see it go, then Golden Boy showed up and that was so great to see progress too, then you obviously sold it and then just the other day reading someone's thread I see you posted there and your new signature and I'm like "wait wut, that was before, did I travel back in time" and now this thread shows up.
        The fact it's m20 swapped already and a twin to the previous roundie makes me want to scream out of joy in my office coworkers' faces.
        So excited to see the progress on the car and the 35mm documentation.
        So great. No homo though
        '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

looking forward to this one

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
            So great. No homo though
            liar
            I'm full homo for this thread
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
              liar

I do things.

Comment

lol memelon
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Oh man, what a great surprise. Your first build thread was one of my all time favorites. Feeling super nostalgic right now haha

Looking forward to this.

Also, what's the story behind the roundie revival art piece in your signature? Something you fabricated?
                  Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

I miss your garage build thread also. I enjoyed reading that one.

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                      Oh man! What an emotional rollercoaster you put me through
                      I've been reading your posts from the first roundie revival and was so impressed with your skills and so sad to see it go, then Golden Boy showed up and that was so great to see progress too, then you obviously sold it and then just the other day reading someone's thread I see you posted there and your new signature and I'm like "wait wut, that was before, did I travel back in time" and now this thread shows up.
                      The fact it's m20 swapped already and a twin to the previous roundie makes me want to scream out of joy in my office coworkers' faces.
                      So excited to see the progress on the car and the 35mm documentation.
                      So great. No homo though
                      Haha! Too funny.

Yeah it could definitely cause confusion to those who are familiar with the original Roundie Revival. I just really liked the name, plus it's my redemption build so it felt fitting to just reuse the name again. After all, I am reviving a Roundie :)

Glad you're following along!

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                      liar
                      :rofl:

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
                      Oh man, what a great surprise. Your first build thread was one of my all time favorites. Feeling super nostalgic right now haha

Looking forward to this.

Also, what's the story behind the roundie revival art piece in your signature? Something you fabricated?
                      Haha dude right back at you, I always enjoyed your build/updates. I miss the forum days before Instagram/Facebook groups. Stoked that this forum is still super active though.

It's a backlit sign that I built to use in the video series. I had the logo plasma cut out of some stainless steel I had laying around and layered the back with a white acrylic sheeting and painted the tail light parts. Then built a "box" out of maple which houses the LEDs and built some tiny little midcentury modern looking legs for it. I'm actually pretty stoked on how it all turned out! It's battery powered and uses a remote to turn on/off. It was a lot of work building the wooden rear box to match the curves of the sign.

Originally posted by mila325 View Post
                      I miss your garage build thread also. I enjoyed reading that one.
                      Damn, I haven't updated that thread in years. So much has changed since then. Really like that forum and whole crowd over there, might have to revisit soon. Wouldn't even know where to start with shop updates though haha.
                      Last edited by CubbyChowder; 02-21-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Quick Q, how do you transfer the film to the magical interwebz? scan it somewhere? I want to start shooting film but not sure how I'd get it electronic without nuking the quality
                        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                          Quick Q, how do you transfer the film to the magical interwebz? scan it somewhere? I want to start shooting film but not sure how I'd get it electronic without nuking the quality
                          A lot of places out there specialize in developing your film and scanning it for you. My girl is a wedding photographer and she sends out HUNDREDS of film rolls to developers and they just email her a download link for the scans.

They also keep you negatives on file incase they need to rescan them at all.
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

Smiled quite a bit when I saw this thread title for the first time. Referred to your first roundie revival build thread quite a bit when working on my 2002. Can't wait to see the videos!!
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

What Powling said. So my roommate is the one who introduced me to film and lent me the camera which I am using for this thread. He takes all of his film to a local spot which will develop and scan the rolls for you, and they offer prints as well. It seems scanning the files to a CD or flash drive is the common thing to do actually, at least for him, he rarely gets prints made.

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                              Smiled quite a bit when I saw this thread title for the first time. Referred to your first roundie revival build thread quite a bit when working on my 2002. Can't wait to see the videos!!
                              Hell yeah! Got a build thread on your '02 anywhere?

Comment

I noticed recently that Walgreens offers film development again. I haven't used their service yet and I highly doubt the quality will match specialized labs, but it's a more affordable option to get you started.
                                Zelig the Zinno • 300k and counting
                                http://instagram.com/zelig.the.zinno

Comment

Working...
                                X