X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

Hi, I'm Sonny.
    I am going to restore my 1985 318i with a sweet 5 speed transmission, she's as 91k miles and we'll get right ahead and start with the rotting parts that need immediate attention from being abused it's full 35 years of life, slowly I'll take care of the needs until I reach the wants.

Need:
    Control Arms [emoji736] done
    Wheel bearings [emoji736] done
    Mercedes or BMW S/7series Brakebooster
    More to add later

Want:
    Garagastic suspension and rollcage
    Boost the m10

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sonny; 05-22-2019, 09:21 PM.

Would these fans be okay to replace the clutch based fan? I plan on using 4 or should I put them in front of the radiator instead? I want to maintain maximum cooling for engine longitavity. No hard driving.

Comment

If *no hard driving*, then why the fuck do you want a rolll cage, Tarbo and douchy ass suspension bits!

Just buy a stock fan clutch, rebuild the m10 and live on dude.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Will do boss ! I'm just currently trying to smell the essence of the E30 and cruising 100s of miles. I don't want her to die from 100 degree weather bumper to bumper from overheating so until in the future when I muster up the nuts to risk it or get a second E30, which I plan to do, I'm really thinking I'll rebuild my motor and boost. But I hope I do that to a different facelifted E30, I'm in love with this one from the older looks.

Last edited by Sonny; 03-24-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hold off on the roll cage until after those 100's of miles. Enjoy that ride.

Comment

I have put on close to 5k miles. Solid solid car and motor. I drive almost a hundred daily, would a roll cage ruin the ride comfort?

Comment

Do you still have AC?

You should go to the midtown meet.
              sigpic

Comment

Roll cage makes the car a lot stiffer. You will feel a lot of the imperfections on the road that go unnoticed in your cars state currently.

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                  Do you still have AC?

You should go to the midtown meet.
                  Yes I do still have ac, would it need to be removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                    Roll cage makes the car a lot stiffer. You will feel a lot of the imperfections on the road that go unnoticed in your cars state currently.
                    I have the quietest exhaust that I installed recently bought a universal cat and stock muffler for a prius, serious, is there to much restriction that can cause damage?. Hated the loud non cat striaght pipes before so I love comfort but I love sport, not as much as comfort though since it's my daily, So no roll cage huh? Or is there a smaller brace possible?

Comment

Prius Quit Flow muffler

Comment

Can anyone recommend a leather conditioner? I have no idea what to use first on 35 year old leather, don't want to ruin it

Comment

Paint chips :/

Should I use clear Nail Polish or do you guys have a better alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                            Can anyone recommend a leather conditioner? I have no idea what to use first on 35 year old leather, don't want to ruin it
                            I'm gonna pop your noob cherry and let you know that I'd be willing to bet you, that those are NOT leather but vinyl seats.
                            Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                            Paint chips :/

Should I use clear Nail Polish or do you guys have a better alternative?
                            Yes, nail polish for the meantime.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              I'm gonna pop your noob cherry and let you know that I'd be willing to bet you, that those are NOT leather but vinyl seats.

Yes, nail polish for the meantime.
                              Aha ok sweet that helps! Including the roof or is that leather? I will do some searches on Amazon thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X