Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My e30 Project... Mtech II sedan, Jlines, Vaders, M50 and much more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a mini update.

Sorry, I haven’t been able to take lots of pics working by myself, and my camera dying didn’t help.

The C pillar is now done.

The hood is done!

The Door Is On.

Working on the rear quarter panel.

Only the best website ever.

Tiny dent on front fender.

The windshield wiper switch broke so I took that out.

Comment

Nice progress!

You might need that windshield wiper sometime! I know it rains frequently in Miami.

Comment

Thats a big project, body work is really hard. I have painted 2 cars both of which did not come out great. Make sure you have at least one consistent layer of primer on that hood that was layed down at the same time before you paint it. Other wise you can't see imperfections in it. Good luck and keep us posted. Do you have a good junk yard to pull parts from?
        -Stu

Comment

Very nice. LOVE THE PICS. keep us all updated. I can't wait to see more.

How do you plan on fixing the gas gauge? Do you know whre the problem is?
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

M3fan4eva: Thanks. The gas guage is the fuel sending unit. It only costs like 50 dollars.

02stu: Wow sorry, thanks. The little prier coats are just to prevent rust when it rains. I am going to prime the whole car with a few coats. No i have yet to find a good junk yard in South Florida.

Bimmerista: LOL, thanks. I am going to get a wiper switch. It just sucked to have them go crazy when i turn on the car.

Comment

A small update.

I got in a bunch of parts needed to complete the paint process. I have either ordered everything, or now have it in my hands.

I got a iS spoiler thanks to Ben,

Rear bumper, plastic. I just need the clips.

So I called a junk yard today, and they said they have the front bumper in stock, I decided to go check it out, but I had not expectations. To make a long story short, I get there and the car is an m tech 2 cabrio. I bought the bumper, but I did not get a chance to check the int because the car was on a lift. It was crashed on the side, and had no rear valence. IS there any specific int parts I should check if they have?

The only problem is I guess I have the old bumper shocks, so it sticks out a tad bit. Could I just tuck them to get it to fit good, instead of buying new shocks?

Almost done with the fender.

Older pics

Almost done with the door.

Removed the windshield and rear window pieces.

Supa D posing for the camera

Progress on rear fender

And last I fixed the dent on the trunk.

Comment

Nice work man, keep it up. Not sure of the condition that your seats are in but you could always get them from the Mtech2 vert (the fronts). I'm liking your new front bumper by the way.

Comment

good score on the bumper!!!
                  Build Threads:
                  Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

UpDate: I got a good amount of work done in the short time i was working. Damn Miami, and mother nature got to me. It started raining so i could not complete the photo process.
                    My best friend:

I decided to take off the fender and finish the bondo to get the gaps correct.
                    Look at the gap:

Taking off the fender. Top bolts:

Ghetto hood shock holder FTW:

Take off wheel:

Jack up car:

Loosen front:

Look at all the crap that came down:

Fender off:

Starting to sand:

Didnt get an after pic due to rain.
                    Found anothe dent on door:

Same thing about the rain.
                    Finalizing dent on door:

Done:

Removed trunk seal:

Removed tail lights:

Removed front door trim and mirrors:

Started to finish dent on rear 1/4 panel but the rain got me:

Took off hood seal:

Mounted iS spoiler:

Took off gay sunroof wind thing:

Took out head lights:

Thats it until tommarow. The car should goto the paint shop on friday, i hope i have all the parts. If not they will get painted later. I am still missing the sun roof, left side rear bumper molding, and front tow hook cover. They are all in freight.

Comment

Awesome, keep up the good work
                      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Damn, that's a lot of body work for a short amount of time. Good luck with it and I hope it comes out good. Keep us updated.
                        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

If I could throw a reccomendation in: Clean off that dust before you spray anything on it. You have areas where you primered that are surrounded by dust? That shit's gonna get under the paint and haunt you.

Good effort on trying to get it done yourself, Body work sucks but it suck's worse the second time your doing it because you rushed through it to get it done. Take your time.

Comment

Fanzotti: Of course you can, any help is appreciated. About the dust, the primer i am putting on now is not going to be the final primer. I ti still going to get sanded down, and completed. I just wanted to prevent rust, and look for imperfections.

Everyone else, Thanks. I am getting anxious, but still have tons of work left.

Comment

"The only problem is I guess I have the old bumper shocks, so it sticks out a tad bit. Could I just tuck them to get it to fit good, instead of buying new shocks?"

Yes. Drill 'em, push them in to taste.

Comment

Working...
                                X